[ADDED]JF-17 Tacan Preset List

Kiwispirits

The JF-17 Tacan has 10 presets, all preloaded with airfield Tacan data.

I know I can select these presets and over-write them with Tacan data from briefings etc, but I would like to know which airports the original preset data represents.

I cannot find any chart or form describing which airfield corresponds to which of the 10 Tacan presets. I found the chart in the kneeboard that describes airfield numbers for navigation uses (airfield 50 etc) but there is no data on associated Tacan preset numbers.

Does anyone have any ideas on this please?

Edited by L0op8ack

it's a symbol overlay for reference, not map objects.

it should be at the same size whatever map scale is.

I'm referring to the course line.

In other aircraft the course line extends indefinitely from one end to the other and intersects the TACAN beacon at the input heading (which we can change in the TCN preset page, I know). It is always visible on the HSD, even if the TCN marker is not visible.

In the JF-17 the course line is always this tiny little bar that is always the same size no matter the HSD scale. It gets cut off when it reaches the TCN marker and won't render if the marker isn't also visible on the HSD.

It is virtually useless for navigation and even then, to make matters worse, for some reason it is affected by INS drift (seriously, why?)