problem getting above 20 000 ft

oho

Hi all,

I started the big show campaign where I had to climb to 25000 feet. At about 20000 ft I can't climb anymore behind the AI planes. There is a stutter of the motor and after a while it fails.

I played around with the rpm between 23000 and 30000. I left supercharger on auto.

Are there any things I have to look at at high altitude?

Until 20000 it seems to work ok.

Did you switch ON the Fuel Booster Pump or switch ON Fuel Pressuring Cock?

It looks like you lost fuel pressure and due to it the engine stopped.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Do you not have to also flip the pressure paddle or is it just the pump? I can't remember it's been a while but something to do with freezing or something

Edit: If you have not engaged the fuel pump and you get a warning light then flip the pressure paddle and then turn fuel pump on, I believe. If in doubt...wobble wobble wobble wobble wobble wobble wobble

Edited by Bagpipe

Do you not have to also flip the pressure paddle or is it just the pump? I can't remember it's been a while but something to do with freezing or something

Edit: If you have not engaged the fuel pump and you get a warning light then flip the pressure paddle and then turn fuel pump on, I believe. If in doubt...wobble wobble wobble wobble wobble wobble wobble

Its not about freezing, it is about vaporizing, If you climb fuel temp stays pretty much the same so in lower ambient pressure at high alt vapor baubles can appear in fuel lines, leading to engine starve of fuel.

Fuel pump is the way to go.

Pressurizing tanks will fix problem but it has cones, when your fuel tank is not sealed 100% you will end up venting fuel out of it, so this is not best solution.

Fuel pump will help with fuel feed in extreme maneuvers too.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Its not about freezing, it is about vaporizing, If you climb fuel temp stays pretty much the same so in lower ambient pressure at high alt vapor boules can appear in fuel lines, leading to engine starve of fuel.

Fuel pump is the way to go.

Pressurizing tanks will fix problem but it has cones, when your fuel tank is not sealed 100% you will end up venting fuel out of it, so this is not best solution.

Fuel pump will help with fuel feed in extreme maneuvers too.

That's the one yeah sorry my bad. I knew something happened to the fuel system :thumbup:

cheers