DCS cameras, views and video recording - Page 14 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-12-2018, 08:13 PM   #131
jafa

Any way to record head movement in external view ?

Cheers
Jafa
Old 07-04-2018, 11:42 AM   #132
Saintan

Posted about my view-reference attachment here... https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=214553&page=2
Thank you to this thread's contributors for getting me started! Cheers!
Apache, Comanche, Falcon, Hind, Intruder, Lightning II
Nighthawk, Rafale, Raptor, Strike Eagle, Tornado, Typhoon

Saintan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:38 PM   #133
Part121

Default Place Camera Via Map Or Waypoint?

Just wondering if there's a way to place a camera by using the F10 map or by placing some sort of special waypoint on the map. The only way I know to get the camera to a specific location is to basically walk it there through trial and error. I'd like to place a camera, in advance, near something like a target or another airport to which I'd be flying.
Part121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:05 PM   #134
rassy7

I don't know about an actual camera, but as a workaround, if you have Combined Arms, you can place an unarmed Humvee near where you'd like the camera to be and RAlt +J into it or regardless, you can use the F7 camera. That's what I've been doing for a quick view.

Remember to add a slot for it as well, ex: tactical commander, game master etc.

This view will always be from the ground though and it's really hard to look up, but if placed on a mountain, it's really, pretty effective.

As for placing a camera at an airport, as far as I know, they all have them. Cycle through the F12 views.

Should probably outline the purpose of the camera as well.

Specs: GA-Z270XP-SLI; i7-7700K; EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX; 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 960 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE
Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf
rassy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:58 PM   #135
Sharkh

There is an old thread about the different camera types and its settings and recording replays with a lot of reply so you might find something useful there just as I did .

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114260

edit: @Part121 My reply and your thread was moved here after I replied so don't be surprised that my link pointing to here.

CPU - AMD FX-8350 @4500Mhz, MB - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, Cooling - Corsair H100i, Memory - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum DDR3 1866MHz, VGA - MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4GB, Audio - ASUS Xonar DSX, HDD - WD Velociraptor 250GB(system) , SSD - Chinese noname (DCS), PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, Samsung 58" TV, Windows 10 64bit Home

Last edited by Sharkh; 08-09-2018 at 11:26 PM.
Sharkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:46 AM   #136
Part121

Quote:
Originally Posted by rassy7 View Post
I don't know about an actual camera, but as a workaround, if you have Combined Arms, you can place an unarmed Humvee near where you'd like the camera to be and RAlt +J into it or regardless, you can use the F7 camera. That's what I've been doing for a quick view.

Remember to add a slot for it as well, ex: tactical commander, game master etc.

This view will always be from the ground though and it's really hard to look up, but if placed on a mountain, it's really, pretty effective.

As for placing a camera at an airport, as far as I know, they all have them. Cycle through the F12 views.

Should probably outline the purpose of the camera as well.
Thanks for the reply. I eventually figured out why things weren't working the way I expected. All I wanted to do was to avoid cycling through cameras. I just wanted to go directly to the camera location I desired and found that I can do most of what I want by selecting the item on the map and then pressing the proper camera key. At first it wasn't working because my TrackIR had F7 and F9 mapped to things I never used so they didn't work as expected in DCS. Once I unmapped those, the DCS World map seems to be all I need to move around more directly.
Part121 is offline   Reply With Quote