noob needs help!

paulo1975

so,

it was either 6000 euro for my ppl or buy a vr headset and HOTAS and save money, here i am!

can anyone tell me how to load a hotas x56 rhino profile please, i have no idea, google has info but iv not idea how to decipher this info!

ty in advance :)

Welcome Noobie. Recommend you start with an aircraft of interest, learn it well, then branch out. No idea about the x56 Rhino profile, sorry. As your flying skills improve and interest deepens, you may find a more advanced HOTAS set makes sim flying easier.

so,

it was either 6000 euro for my ppl or buy a vr headset and HOTAS and save money, here i am!

can anyone tell me how to load a hotas x56 rhino profile please, i have no idea, google has info but iv not idea how to decipher this info!

I have the new grey X56...same software. I really enjoy it a lot as it allows for macros and multi-mode.

Play around get to know what commands you want to map to your HOTAS, put them into your software and you're good to go. If you map directly to DCS then there are different procedures that I can explain later.

Also the input device forum might be a better place to look for info.

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=96

Edited by fitness88

I have an X55 so the exact same layout. I don't have any profiles for the software specifically as the only thing I use thst for is to macro the air brake to the speed brake switch on the throttle (I can share this later on). All my binds are done within the game itself.

That said I don't mind jotting down what I use later on if that helps you layout wise, do you have a dedicated rudder or do you use the stick?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

You could check out the Grim Reapers Tutorials on YouTube. Playlist for each aircraft starts with a video on mapping controls. The guy who does the videos uses an x56.

------------------- PC SPEC -------------------

i5-9600K @ 5GHz, EVGA GTX 1080 SC, 16GB DDR3200 RAM, Corsair H80i V2 AIO. DCS World 2.5.x on dedicated 128GB SSD. Oculus Rift CV1 or 32” 1440p Monitor, DelanClip & OpenTrack. VoiceAttack, Viacom 2.5, Virpil WarBRD Base + VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals

I have added my LUA files for the HOTAS below, also the keyboard as I have my numpad on the keyboard set as the UFC keys to make it much quicker entering coordinates for guided munitions. You should be able to import these in game I think, then when you press each button on the HOTAS it should show what its bound to ingame. I have three switches bound to external apps though for example PTT in SRS and some to reset and re-center the trackIR.

The Capture image is of the macro for the speed brake, it will only work if you have the default keybinds for the air brake. See the below video on more specific macro stuff, but if you do macro the speed brake make sure the macro is for 3 seconds to allow full deployment up and down.

Capture.JPG.f8eaefa7836b013bb844d74190ab02b4.JPG

FA18-x55-stick.lua

FA18-x55-throttle.lua

FA18-x55-KB.lua

I have added my LUA files for the HOTAS below, also the keyboard as I have my numpad on the keyboard set as the UFC keys to make it much quicker entering coordinates for guided munitions. You should be able to import these in game I think, then when you press each button on the HOTAS it should show what its bound to ingame. I have three switches bound to external apps though for example PTT in SRS and some to reset and re-center the trackIR.

The Capture image is of the macro for the speed brake, it will only work if you have the default keybinds for the air brake. See the below video on more specific macro stuff, but if you do macro the speed brake make sure the macro is for 3 seconds to allow full deployment up and down.

I apologize for my ignorance but I have a quesiton for you: where do I have to place your KB.lua file to work? May you point me to the right path please?

I apologize for my ignorance but I have a quesiton for you: where do I have to place your KB.lua file to work? May you point me to the right path please?
To be honest the only thing I changed from default on the keyboard is the UFC numbers to my numpad, may be quicker to just bind those in the settings if it's something you want to use.

Just as a heads up I use separate rudder pedals so if you want to use the twist stick as rudder you will need to add that again under the axis bindings.

so,

You really interested in 40 modules ?!?! Buy 2 or 3 and learn your way into DCS, because there is a lot to learn.

My recommendation: 1. F-15C 2. FA-18C 3. Su-27

Ouch, any Sim, any VR, any motion platform, nothing of these crutches comes even remotely close to flying a real airplane.

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

I’m not near a pc with DCS so I’m not positive I have the below in the right order, especially after Config, but you should get the idea:

<Your User Profile>/Saved Games/DCS/Config/Input/Aircraft/Keyboard

Then once in game, you select the profile by loading it.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

To be honest the only thing I changed from default on the keyboard is the UFC numbers to my numpad, may be quicker to just bind those in the settings if it's something you want to use.

Thanks noisy_lightning. Effectiveness has improved that way.

• 3 weeks later...

Just as a heads up I use separate rudder pedals so if you want to use the twist stick as rudder you will need to add that again under the axis bindings.

Thanks, faster than I guessed. :)