F-18 Appreciation thread

Nightstorm

So, I thought it was high time I posted in here and thanked all involved for their hard work. I love Hornet and I've been enjoying it since the release of early access.

Being prior Navy, two of my favorite aircraft were the Hornet and Tomcat and now we have both. I've been into flight sims since their first release decades ago.

The older folks around here will certainly recall some of the early classics, like the Microprose line ect.

DCS World has continued to grow and evolve and has become one of the best if not the best modern combat aviation sims available. The experience has been awesome. Flying these aircraft in VR is the next best thing to being in one.

I know that everyone is eager for the next feature update or improvement, sure I am too. Just try to remember that the folks working away on these features are certainly doing their best. (insert patience comment here).

I'm personally VERY glad early access is a thing. I wouldn't have enjoyed over 350 hours in the hornet this past year without it.

I'm going to an airshow Saturday in Duluth, MN where the USN Blue Angels will be performing. I've seen them many times, but every time is awesome. Looking forward to hearing some F18's up close and personal like :D

So, again, to the developers, the public relations team, the moderators and everyone else involved. THANK YOU.

Well said, sir

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

Cheers to this. All the haters, whiners, complainers and speculators need to chill the hell out. We'll get our features when they are ready. The Hornet is still a load of fun to fly in the state it's in. Great work ED!!!

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Big +1,

Its easily the best and most versatile module in all of DCS at the moment, and it should get even more capable with things like TWS/TPOD's etc.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Very well said, sir!

Enjoy the airshow (insert triple jealous smiley here). Seen many demo teams in my life including some legendary and excellent ones like the Red Arrows, Patrouille France, Patrouille Suisse, Frecce Tricolori and some more and many of them many times at different shows. I‘ve seen the Blue Angels only once but their display was somewhat apart from the others, from start to finish. Simply breathtaking!

Really enjoy it, man :thumbup:

Thank you for this thread. The real birds took years to be built. And it was certainly true for most DCS-level modules as well. It's just that we are a part of the EA process now, and we see it being built across subsequent builds.

If anything, we should appreciate what we have compared to what we had 5, or even 2 years ago. And the WIP FLIR and ground radar would help all future modules, not just the Hornet. If the devs say that they are hard at work, let's thank them for the work they are doing, and show some patience. Rome wasn't built in one day!

Jumping on bandwagon.

Never been disappointed by any DCS module, all worth the wait.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

I kind of like the way it’s been rolling out bit by bit, not sure if I’d be overwhelmed otherwise. There’s a lot to this puppy and whatever is supposed to be classified and not available seems to be minimal.

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

Very well said, sir!

Enjoy the airshow (insert triple jealous smiley here). Seen many demo teams in my life including some legendary and excellent ones like the Red Arrows, Patrouille France, Patrouille Suisse, Frecce Tricolori and some more and many of them many times at different shows. I‘ve seen the Blue Angels only once but their display was somewhat apart from the others, from start to finish. Simply breathtaking!

Really enjoy it, man :thumbup:

Heads up, if you didn't already know, the Red Arrows start their North American tour in August 2019.

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional

Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

+1

Was frankly shocked by some of the posts in the other thread yesterday regarding the latest OB.

People don't seem to be able to comprehend what is being done here. The level of detail and depth of the systems is straight up breathtaking. I hadn't even dared to hope to ever get something like this fifteen years ago.

@ED don't let some individuals (with insane feelings of entitlement) discourage you from continuing this great work!

And for the record: I'm as greedy as the next guy for more features. :)

Greets from Germany!

FS

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

+1

Was frankly shocked by some of the posts in the other thread yesterday regarding the latest OB.

People don't seem to be able to comprehend what is being done here. The level of detail and depth of the systems is straight up breathtaking. I hadn't even dared to hope to ever get something like this fifteen years ago.

@ED don't let some individuals (with insane feelings of entitlement) discourage you from continuing this great work!

And for the record: I'm as greedy as the next guy for more features. :)

Greets from Germany!

FS

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

+2000

Continue your wonderful work! This project is huge and the talent of the ED engineers, who are the best in the world, will provide us with an aircraft of exceptional quality.

Thanks again!

Hornet is a wonderful product, lot of features are coming last months and more to come...

As a software developer, I understand that there is some regressions sometimes (especially on OB, that is the goal of this branch, our squad stay in stable for this reason), schedule can move, that is the job... We can always make progress on stability at release of course ;)

ED's communication is more transparent since some months on the dev,it is a good things but it can give the impression that schedule is not fixed and changes, yes, that is the reality of development on small teams :)

Thanks for this great product, and I am very excited to see next updates! :thumbup:

Hear hear. The Hornet has been an absolute blast. The only reason people are whining is because they can't get enough of it and that's saying something.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Hear hear. The Hornet has been an absolute blast. The only reason people are whining is because they can't get enough of it and that's saying something.

Well said. The hornet was my first purchase from DCS, and have enjoyed every minute. Thanks to the ED team for all their hard work.

Honestly, I don’t think an appreciation thread is needed. Every single person at ED knows exactly how much work and detail was put into that aircraft in making it. You can see it when you fly. I remember the first time I put on a VR headset in a ED aircraft and thought “holy shit, that’s it... this is were I’m spending the rest of my life”. As long as ED keeps pumping out aircraft, I’ll keep purchasing them.

i7-6700k| 32GB ram| GTX 2080 founders edition| Oculus Rift 2

My WIP Youtube

Honestly, I don’t think an appreciation thread is needed. Every single person at ED knows exactly how much work and detail was put into that aircraft in making it. You can see it when you fly. I remember the first time I put on a VR headset in a ED aircraft and thought “holy shit, that’s it... this is were I’m spending the rest of my life”. As long as ED keeps pumping out aircraft, I’ll keep purchasing them.

True. I do think that I'll be involved in DCS even when I'm old and gray and I just hope that it keeps developing.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro