Sinkin through concrete

flyco

Having returned to the P-51 after many months away, I find that the T-51 and P-51 just sink through the round. On start up I find myself in a subterranean world. If I spawn in the air it behaves perfectly, but I again sink into the underworld as soon as I touch down.

I have run a repair to no effect. It only appears to be the P-51 and T-51 that has this fault.

Anyone any suggestions?

Not happening to me. Never happened to me. Something in your setup?

One thing to try:

After repair. To also create a pristine "Saved Games\DCS" environment, rename the "DCS" folder in the "Saved Games" folder to "DCS_backup". Start game and a new "DCS" folder will auto generate. This would loose all corrupted files placed under "Saved Games\DCS". Obviously key bindings and such is also lost but you don't want or need them, you just want to test spawning.

If bug is gone you can start copy/overwrite folders, one at a time, back from "DCS_backup" to "DCS" until bug reappears.

If bug isn't gone you can easily go back again by just deleting the new "DCS" folder and renaming "DCS_backup" folder to "DCS" again.

~

This fixed a bug for me once. A different bug, the game refused to complete startup and just hang.

~

Sidenote,

As I understand it, a good policy is to place all mods (if any) under "Saved Games\DCS" and never place them under "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World", the main program folder. I think the latter can cause integrity check problems and I also like that the main program folder remains completely pristine, so no problems of my own making can reside there.

Anyone who knows, do correct me on this. I noticed that lots of mods directs to make changes in the main program folder but these mods are generally old and I often find ways to place them "Saved Games\DCS" instead. Then again I have very few mods.

~

Ed/add

I'm on DCS Open Beta, like just about everyone else. I converted from stable with updater.exe and that's why my folder isn't named Open Beta.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Sidenote,

As I understand it, a good policy is to place all mods (if any) under "Saved Games\DCS" and never place them under "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World", the main program folder. I think the latter can cause integrity check problems and I also like that the main program folder remains completely pristine, so no problems of my own making can reside there.

Anyone who knows, do correct me on this. I noticed that lots of mods directs to make changes in the main program folder but these mods are generally old and I often find ways to place them "Saved Games\DCS" instead. Then again I have very few mods.

^Agreed.

There are only a couple of mods I use that need to be in the program directory and they are server side only and a bit of a risk. I put all other mods in my "Saved Games\DCS" (or DCS Open Beta as required). You can use JSGME if you want, not required unless you have a mod pack for a server that you want to unload but you would only do that if it caused a conflict with another mod pack maybe.

If a mod causes an integrity check issue from this location it probably should be removed and an updated version found to replace it or modify it so it does not cause problems.

If I spawn in the air it behaves perfectly, but I again sink into the underworld as soon as I touch down.

I had problems with the Mustang sinking through the ramp on Burning Skies last night, it was only on that server and I assume it was a netcode issue, no problems on other servers or in single player, were you in SP or MP?

Thanks for the replies. In answer to Rob’s question it was in SP, and only in the Open Beta version, Stable was fine.

I was not aware that it was possible to transfer most Mods to the Saved Games folder, although I do have some there (mainly liveries etc). I will look into moving my others.