Helicopters Tournament 4

Alpenwolf

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alpenwolf is pouring a lot of love and effort into this, again we have a mission that will play different from before, new ideas for the best balance and I'm sure we'll see some quite interesting tactics this time around. For HT2 vs HT3, also how well shkval&vikhr were working affected the results a lot. I hope Bluefor gets a good CGI as well for HT4.

Awesome move from ECV56 to fly the Mi-8, maybe I'll join you guys one day. Much respect :thumbup: Right now it seems we can use more guys on Blufor (usually very well manned).

Varis - Gazelle Mistral

Edited by Varis

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Alpenwolf is pouring a lot of love and effort into this, again we have a mission that will play different from before, new ideas for the best balance and I'm sure we'll see some quite interesting tactics this time around. For HT2 vs HT3, also how well shkval&vikhr were working affected the results a lot. I hope Bluefor gets a good CGI as well for HT4.

Awesome move from ECV56 to fly the Mi-8, maybe I'll join you guys one day. Much respect :thumbup: Right now it seems we can use more guys on Blufor (usually very well manned).

Varis - Gazelle Mistral

I love helicopters! So I thought I could maybe encourage people to buy a module or two to support the developers for pouring so much effort and time into making these beauties for us to fly :smilewink:

Glad you like the tournaments.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

is there a possibility to have the mission?

If possible ofcourse.

Thanks S!

Haven't done that in any of the previous rounds. But you know what, I'll make an exception this time and see how that affects things. Some last features still need to be added. Once ready I'll upload the file. Might take a few days though with the holidays coming up.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Varis, Now I will have to kill you :P

Eep! :helpsmilie: First you'll have to catch me... :prop:

I love helicopters! So I thought I could maybe encourage people to buy a module or two to support the developers for pouring so much effort and time into making these beauties for us to fly :smilewink:

The streams can be a blast to watch even if a player doesn't fly oneself. At least one gets educated about what each model can do.

I think the only thing we'd need to reach your stated goal would be some promotion/fame for the streams :unsure:

Edited by Varis

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

... I think the only thing we'd need to reach your stated goal would be some promotion/fame for the streams :unsure:

I think enough people watch the live stream. Round 1 and 2 were streamed by M0ltar and 104th_Maverick. A commentator and a co-commentator. Was very fun to watch. Round 3 was done by 104th_Maverick alone, because unfortunately M0ltar didn't have the time to do it. Round 4 is also gonna be streamed by 104th_Maverick alone, unless M0ltar finds the time to do it until then.

I could've done the whole thing all by myself on my server. But I didn't because of two things. One, I don't stream or own any twitch, youtube etc. accounts. Two, and this is the main reason; bringing in the name 104th Phoenix to the stage simply rocks the party! So I think, I did ok in terms of promoting the whole thing. And 104th_Maverick was very welcoming when I suggested this to him. Top bloke! And who doesn't want to watch 104th_Maverick's stream? Guy's funny and exciting as hell. He gives it all when commentating. Makes you laugh and simply sit tight and enjoy. However, him and M0ltar were a good duo in round 1 and 2. So, I hope M0ltar shows up.

If you have a better idea of promoting this, please, let me know. Very appreciated.

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

If you have a better idea of promoting this, please, let me know. Very appreciated.

S!

For round three we had a late comer signing up after he heard of the Tournament in a Facebook group. Promoting the Tournament via Social Media might bring in a couple more pilots and viewers.

Crowbar Inc.: "We deliver pain."

For round three we had a late comer signing up after he heard of the Tournament in a Facebook group. Promoting the Tournament via Social Media might bring in a couple more pilots and viewers.

Social media is not my territory. The ED forums are the only place where I'm registered online. Thanks for the tip though :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I took the liberty and linked this thread in the DCS Multiplayer Addicts group on Facebook. Maybe I'm going to make another post there, a week from the tournament to bump the topic up.

Thank you, my friend!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Will it be possible to join with a gazelle-M so it makes more sense to fligh with a buddy in one machine?

The M has no role to play here. The only possible ground targets to destroy are infantries.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

It's very cool actually that we have the names from 104th. The streams weren't bad at all and commenting was top notch. The old HT streams don't seem to be up anymore though and not sure if 104th streams are regularly watched outside certain circles.

I took the liberty and linked this thread in the DCS Multiplayer Addicts group on Facebook. Maybe I'm going to make another post there, a week from the tournament to bump the topic up.

There's tons that can be done for promotion, just takes a lot of effort. The above is a very good example, well done! :thumbup: I've tried to recruit more participants from the DCS Finland community, would like to also have a helicopter arm to SF so there's a long term interest. Otherwise not really sure how to market a stream to the DCS community. Do we have a thread on Reddit?

Will it be possible to join with a gazelle-M so it makes more sense to fligh with a buddy in one machine?

With CA being more on the table and the campaign out (and on sale, btw) could be a nice idea to add some ground targets again (armor, maybe a sprinkling of shilkas) to the next mission. Gazelle-M might make sense then but it's generally not that useful in the helicopter tournament.

For multicrew ships, the minigun version could make sense but not sure what was the final verdict whether it's useful in the tournament - the pilot doesn't have weapons and the minigun also has aiming issues?

However the mistral version could be very interesting with a co-pilot. Pitbull flew the L version with a co-pilot in the last round. A co-pilot takes load off from the pilot in the form of spotting, navigation and communications, possibly even tactics as well. Please send me a PM if you decide to pursue this route.

Edited by Varis

There's tons that can be done for promotion, just takes a lot of effort.

If I just had the faintest idea of video editing, I'd make a trailer for the tournament with footage from the previous rounds. Just the sequence from round 3, where the Hokum is hunted by three Hueys and dodging the bullets left and right would make an excellent promo.

Crowbar Inc.: "We deliver pain."

If I just had the faintest idea of video editing, I'd make a trailer for the tournament with footage from the previous rounds. Just the sequence from round 3, where the Hokum is hunted by three Hueys and dodging the bullets left and right would make an excellent promo.

Oh yes there has been some excellent trailer material in the streams, with the commentary and all that.

When is the mission?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

January 6th 19:00zulu

BLUE BRIEFING

At 104th Teamspeak-> Phoenix Lounge

Thank you. S!

I wish you all a happy new year with helth and prosperity to you and to your families.

104th_Tiger

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883