2.5OB Revised - Plane Spawn Anywhere MOD - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-05-2019, 07:49 PM   #21
Alpenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orso View Post
me_route.lua changed extensively in OB 2.5.4.26552.

If you use an GME to implement this mod, and you have an aircraft using spawn anywhere in a mission, you may not be able to load that mission in ME or enter Mission Planner when starting the mission. Other nastiness my occur in general, but I haven't checked for that.

Copy the new me_route.lua file into your GME package and re-edit the 4 'action.takeoff' entries into your mod:

Open me_route.lua in the text editor of your choosing.
Search for the function 'plane_one_point' (without the apostrophes).
Add the following lines to the end of that function, before the line with the '}' char, which closes out the function:

Code:
        actions.takeoffGround,    --added manually by {your name}, as per SUNTSAG
        actions.takeoffGroundHot,    --added manually by {your name}, as per SUNTSAG
Go to the very next function, which should be 'plane_last_point' and add the same two lines to the ende of that function as well.
Save and quit.

Implement with your favorite GME as usual.
The lines are there in the script already. You mean adding them again?!

Cold War 1947 - 1991
Helicopters Tournaments
You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com
Alpenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 12:12 PM   #22
Captain Orso

I'm talking about the original script, and not some script you downloaded from somewhere at some time.

You MUST maintain the original script contents of the 'me_route.lua' file at all times. If you have modded the 'me_route.lua' file, and ED updates it, your changes will be overwritten by the new file.

You may setup your own 'me_route.lua' file by making a copy of the original and adding the 'actions.takeoffGround' and 'actions.takeoffGroundHot' statements to your copy as I described, and implementing your modded file manually or through OvGME or whatever mod-manager you use.

However, if you do so, you are responsible for checking the 'me_route.lua' file for changes after each and every update. If the 'me_route.lua' file is updated, you can re-implementing your mods as per the previous paragraph.

System Specs.
Spoiler:
System board ... MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK
CPU ............ Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3800MHz per OC Genie
CPU cooling .... Noctua NH-D15
Memory ......... 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaw
PSU ............ Corsair AX860i PSU
Graphics card .. Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme
System disk .... SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB SSD
Monitor ........ ASUS MG279Q, 27"
VR ............. Oculus Rift CV1
Captain Orso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:26 PM   #23
Alpenwolf

Doesn't work for airplanes for me, only helicopters. So I can only have helicopters set to "take off from ground/hot" and not airplanes.

Cold War 1947 - 1991
Helicopters Tournaments
You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com
Alpenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote