Quick update from AvioDev - Page 10 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 07:34 PM   #91
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidfan View Post
How is 'Don't buy a beta product.' constructive, mature, or not redundant?
It may be redundant in the case of all these threads where the same things are said back and forth over and over using different words, but it is very mature and constructive, it is very sound advice, if you arent interested in the hassles, the update process and all the other things that come with early access purchases, you should wait. Its obviously too late for those that bought into this beta, but it could very easily happen with something else, development times vary, getting in early on the action comes with those kinds of risks.

Also I would like to point out I was directing this at both sides of the fence, so you should be aware of that as well before getting offended.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 03-17-2016, 07:48 PM   #92
Flagrum
Veteran

"But it's a beta!" ... this is (over)used as an excuse for everything that could go wrong with a module. "Don't buy a beta if you are not happy with how long it takes" ("it" being release or alternatively just "next bug fix patch")

A beta is not a way to get away with everything. And the supposed upcoming change in terminology, calling it "early access", doesn't make it much better, imo.

(disclaimer: I am not implying that Aviodev is trying "to get away with it/something/whatever", but some folks here seem to understand the term "beta" that way)
Old 03-17-2016, 07:49 PM   #93
BIGNEWY

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidfan View Post
How is 'Don't buy a beta product.' constructive, mature, or not redundant?
I did not say don't buy, I said "consider if you should" there is a difference
Forum rules - Crash advice - Cleanup and repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703
Old 03-17-2016, 07:56 PM   #94
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagrum View Post
"But it's a beta!" ... this is (over)used as an excuse for everything that could go wrong with a module. "Don't buy a beta if you are not happy with how long it takes" ("it" being release or alternatively just "next bug fix patch")

A beta is not a way to get away with everything. And the supposed upcoming change in terminology, calling it "early access", doesn't make it much better, imo.

(disclaimer: I am not implying that Aviodev is trying "to get away with it/something/whatever", but some folks here seem to understand the term "beta" that way)
I'm sorry, I am missing your point honestly... saying to not buy a module in beta is the perfect way to avoid the delays of beta. Whether or not a beta period is longer than it should be is one thing, its in no way criminal or evil, its purely irritating and frustrating to those that expect it faster.

I am really not fond of you accusing anyone of trying to get away with something because their beta is taking long than you expected. They had issues, some out of their control, they are probably the least happy with the development time, yes, even more so than any of you... but accusing them of using the beta term as a cover is just silly.

Plain and simple, they are a new team, they have had a bumpy start, they had to re-tool on the fly... you can use this as a learning experience, but coming here and making accusations or saying over and over the same things isnt getting anyone anywhere. And again, it goes for both sides, these threads are pretty much useless after the second page.

Honestly. I am looking at this thread title and this is simple off the rails off topic now. You guys have said your bit. I dont see any need to carry this further.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**

Last edited by NineLine; 03-17-2016 at 07:58 PM.
Closed Thread