VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 275 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-18-2019, 03:10 PM   #2741
FreightDog

Apologies if this has been asked before but i hope you'll forgive my attempt to not have to read 274 pages... I have just moved my DCS installation from one SSD drive to another (via Windows move). Voiceattack was and is still in the default c: drive. Although DCS runs perfectly, Vaicom/VA are behaving strangely/not working. It is recognising some speech from looking at the Vaicom plugin window, but in-game my PTT on my HOTAS just brings up/cancels the defauly in-game communications menu, even though I have nothing mapped in game for my HOTAS PTT key and all in-game menus turned off! Are these things coincidence or has something happened with the plugin since 2.5.5? Thanks in advance!
FreightDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:04 PM   #2742
FreightDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightDog View Post
Apologies if this has been asked before but i hope you'll forgive my attempt to not have to read 274 pages... I have just moved my DCS installation from one SSD drive to another (via Windows move). Voiceattack was and is still in the default c: drive. Although DCS runs perfectly, Vaicom/VA are behaving strangely/not working. It is recognising some speech from looking at the Vaicom plugin window, but in-game my PTT on my HOTAS just brings up/cancels the defauly in-game communications menu, even though I have nothing mapped in game for my HOTAS PTT key and all in-game menus turned off! Are these things coincidence or has something happened with the plugin since 2.5.5? Thanks in advance!
For the benefit of anyone else, I think I solved the immediate issue by discovering the "DCS Custom Path" setting in the Vaicom Config.

The above being said, it seems to hardly recognise any commands any more, after many many wasted hours previous of windows voice training and Keywords Training mode in Vaicom config. It is just too flakey and misinterprets most of what I say, and I am a native unaccented English speaker. I feel I have possibly expended too much effort on this. Frustrating though it is seeing everyone else's installation working perfectly. It's even more damned frustrating because I use VR and can't even use the keyboard.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:54 PM   #2743
Hollywood_315

@FreightDog Unless you re-installed Windows nothing has happened to your speech training data.
Make sure the selected Speech Recognition Engine (US/UK) is the same one you trained.
Most likely you need to re-evaluate your mic levels and audio driver / routing settings.

VR Simpit | Oculus Rift CV1 | ASUS X-99A | Intel 8-core i7-5960X@3GHz | 32GB RAM | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Strix Gaming 11G | Samsung EVO SSD 1TB | HOTAS Thrustmaster Warthog 80mm extended | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | ButtKicker G2 w/ SSA |

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World
www.vaicompro.com
Hollywood_315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:55 PM   #2744
Harker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightDog View Post
For the benefit of anyone else, I think I solved the immediate issue by discovering the "DCS Custom Path" setting in the Vaicom Config.

The above being said, it seems to hardly recognise any commands any more, after many many wasted hours previous of windows voice training and Keywords Training mode in Vaicom config. It is just too flakey and misinterprets most of what I say, and I am a native unaccented English speaker. I feel I have possibly expended too much effort on this. Frustrating though it is seeing everyone else's installation working perfectly. It's even more damned frustrating because I use VR and can't even use the keyboard.
I recently updated to Windows 10 version 1903 and I discovered that VAICOM was basically unusable, not recognizing most of my commands. I realized that my mic's settings had been messed up with the Windows update. I recalibrated it, tested it etc and now VAICOM works fine again.
Consider starting with your mic, make sure you you're recorded clearly.
Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, i7-8700k @4.9GHz, RTX2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 @3000CL15, Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB, 970 Evo Plus 1TB, WD Gold 6TB, Seasonic Prime Platinum 1300W, Acer Predator XB271HK|Warthog/Hornet grip w/extension, TPR pedals, 3 Cougar MFDs, MT desk mounts, TrackIR w/Pro clip, Win10 x64 Home|
F/A-18C, F-16C, AV-8B, A-10C, M-2000C, F-14, P-51D, Sptifire, BS2, FC3, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf
Harker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:23 AM   #2745
Weegie

Not directly concerned with the above but I moved over to a new computer & searched for speech folders in AppData on the old machine.

Copied them all across to the new install & I didn't need to go through all the pain of speech training again
Weegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:32 AM   #2746
FreightDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood_315 View Post
@FreightDog Unless you re-installed Windows nothing has happened to your speech training data.
Make sure the selected Speech Recognition Engine (US/UK) is the same one you trained.
Most likely you need to re-evaluate your mic levels and audio driver / routing settings.
I’m not so sure Hollywood. I haven’t touched any mic settings, I went through speech training in the Viacom config and it seems to be working now. Somehow it looks like it was looking somewhere else for the old library but having redone it it must have put it in the correct place?
Old 07-20-2019, 09:18 PM   #2747
akalegman

Hi there, I have a few questions regarding VAICOM - more specifically with the AIRIO module.

1) I noticed that there are a few Jester confirmation sounds that are played through the VAICOM plugin rather than the game (I guess this is due to limitations with the scripts). The problem with this is the audio volume is always really loud as doesn't match the in-game audio volume AND the F14 radio volume settings.

Is this something that will be addressed in a future update? If not can I somehow disable the 'external' jester sounds, they are ironically a little immersion breaking.

2) 90% of the expansion works flawlessly, but the specific tuning commands 'Link Tune', 'Radio Tune' etc are really struggling. Is there a way of training those specific commands. Currently its getting the numbers all wrong, zero is coming through as 7 or 2 etc.

3) I have noticed that when playing in multiplayer with a human RIO you can still say commands to Jester and he will still react to them. Is there a way I can prevent this happening without having to restart DCS every time?

VAICOM is a fantastic product, so thank you for all your hard work!

Last edited by akalegman; 07-20-2019 at 10:25 PM.
akalegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 06:45 PM   #2748
markturner1960

Hi, complete beginner here....I purchased the pro bundle from the website. Got a confirmation email, but no licence key info....where does this come to?

thanks
System specs: Asus X-99A Mobo, i7 5820K @3.3ghz, 16GB Corsair veng DDR4 2666, EVGA GTX 1080, Win 10. Rift CV1 , 40 inch Phillips monitor. Real simulator FSSB R3 with F-16 SGRH grip and warthog plus TM MFD's Tir5
markturner1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:26 AM   #2749
hornblower793

Quote:
Originally Posted by markturner1960 View Post
Hi, complete beginner here....I purchased the pro bundle from the website. Got a confirmation email, but no licence key info....where does this come to?

thanks

It should come to the same e-mail address.

Mine was titled Order <order no> and the e-mail started
Thanks for ordering from us. This email confirms your order of the following items:

The licence codes were about halfway down

If you haven't received it use the Contact Support option on the vaicompro website
hornblower793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 06:21 PM   #2750
195th_Moses

Send a message via ICQ to 195th_Moses

My biggest issue is i cant get the PTT thing to work no matter what i do
195th_Moses is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack