Aw no missed the sale! But have returned to DCS

Conuk

Greetings all. A couple of questions if I may.

Returning user from the days of lomac. Lots of life things have changed for me but find myself coming back to what's now DCS World. Wow does it look amazing.

It seems I have just missed the sale. Can I ask if the sale is repeated regularly?

Also I am torn between the FA18... F14 or the Harrier... I plan to probably get all 3 at some point but is there an easier learning curve for one or the other?

Also I loved black shark so plan on getting another helicopter. Could you suggest another to get after the shark?

Thanks for reading and congratulations Eagle Dynamics on DCS world and the modules. Wishing you the best for the future.

????

Hopefully I can ask a few more questions. Excited to be back.

• ED Team

Hi Conuk

Yes ED do you regular sales, usually as each season comes in, we have just finished the summer sales.

F-18, AV-8B, and F-14 are all great modules and it is a difficult choice for sure. I spend most of my time in the F-18.

AS for helicopters again it is difficult to choose, I like my UH-1H personally, but the Mi-8 and gazelle are outstanding also.

The blackshark will be getting upgrades soon, and we have more news on that in our news letters.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thank you gentleman.. Don't think I can wait until the next season though :(

Will catch up on some more videos and tutorials.. See which tickles the best.

Looking forward to the updated Shark as well..... Oh and then there is VR since I was last here.

The sims of today..... Ahhhh and to think I grew up with FA18 Interceptor on the amiga.

Exciting times.

Welcome back! No worries that the sale is over, because paying full price will allow you to support the developers more for their hard work on these wonderful aircrafts that they bring to us. Hope to see you in the skies!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F/A-18C & UH-1H. Those are my top 2 modules. :)

Mine as well . Of the 3 fixed-wiing the OP mentioned , the Hornet is the easiest to fly . The systems , too , have always somehow "clicked" for me .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Welcome back dealwithit.png

Haha I notice the rig in my sig has changed a lot since I was last here.... Better update that :)

I wish I could see it still out of curiosity... rdlaugh.png

The sims of today..... Ahhhh and to think I grew up with FA18 Interceptor on the amiga.

Exciting times.

That and Knights of the Sky were my first flight sims... you have to get the Hornet, the DCS module basically is it's 30th anniversary rainbowdashwink.png

And you should get the Tomcat as well, wasn't on sale anyway. Oh, and the PG map, great scenario, worth every cent.

As for the helicopters, I'd recommend the UH-1 and the Mi-8, but you should be OK with one of them, so you'd still have to make a decision. The Huey has nicer guns (minigun action!) while the Mi-8 has more bang with rockets and other stuff and IMHO it's easier to fly, but the Huey is more fun due to it being as simple as it gets. Probably the most "natural" and iconic chopper flying you could ever get.

BTW on the sale, I really wonder when it actually ended (guessing something around 12 GMT). It's still Sunday the 14th, and especially in the US it's still rather early in the day...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Just set myself back up with some CH stick and throttle... Just sorting out trackir/equivalent.... Gonna retrain on the black shark etc then make my decision.

Out if interest do people find the choppers better with dual sticks or complete HOTAS?