Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you're going to ignore my posts and my PM? You sure know how to drive away customers.

I currently have an immense number of PMs that I'm working through - if you need support, please contact us directly at support@virpil.com not PM!

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Skip mine when you come to it.

Mine too. I bumbled aimlessly along in the Configurator Software and corrected my Virpil Throttle problem magically. Dont ask me to repeat the procedure, but re-plugging the USB-port of the Throttle into the PC was (part) of the solution ..... to unknot me from an octopus' tentacles that was multiplying in my mind by the hour ...

"This medical officer has used my ship to carry his genitals from port to port, and my officers to carry him from bar to bar" -- British Officer Combat Report

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

| VKB GunFighter II (Rev.B pin) + MCG-Pro | VIRPIL MongoosT-50 | MFG CrossWind | TrackIR5 | MonsterTech Throttle Mount | Win10Pro | MSI GTX 1660Ti | i7-4790K CPU | 16GB RAM | 1080p/144Hz Monitor | DCS on Samsung SSD 850 Pro |

So, you're going to ignore my posts and my PM? You sure know how to drive away customers.

Give them a chance, we all know this is a relatively new start up with not a lot of staff to go around all the various forums and judging by the way the T-50 sold out they are in high demand at the moment.

► VPC MongoosT-50 Base - Final Batch

Hello VIRPILs!

After the successful launch of our new worldwide webstore, we were overwhelmed to see such monumental demand for our VPC MongoosT-50 base.

Due to receiving messages from many users that they missed the opportunity to purchase this base yesterday, we will be doing a final production run before discontinuation which will be available for purchase by the end of November!

As we are moving away from taking pre-orders, instead we request that anyone who still wishes to purchase an MT-50 base to simply sign up for the stock alert email on our webstore so that you are alerted when they are available.

If anyone has any questions - please contact us at support@virpil.com.

Thank you for your continued support!

VIRPIL Controls Team

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can offer 50% off VIRPIL T50 Throttle + T50 (Base + Grip) brand new. Just an advice: Save your money, invest it on another brand. Their configuration software is horrible!!!! Maybe VKB it's the good option. A month shipping for an useless 500€ piece of 'awesome hardware' but just that.

The VPC Software can simply be used for calibration and profile swapping if you wish. All other functionality is optional and can be completed either within the sim or with 3rd party tools such as "Joystick Gremlin".

If you're having some difficulties with the software, please feel free to get in touch, I'm always more than happy to help :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can offer 50% off VIRPIL T50 Throttle + T50 (Base + Grip) brand new. Just an advice: Save your money, invest it on another brand. Their configuration software is horrible!!!! Maybe VKB it's the good option. A month shipping for an useless 500€ piece of 'awesome hardware' but just that.

An account with 3 posts: one in spanish bragging that he's an engineer; two are copy-paste saying the same thing. His feedback souds like the ones left by the dumb folks which rate stuff 1 star on amazon because the delivery was late :doh:

Here is my little advice for you.

Once you've done that you will realize that the cfg software is actually quite good, despite being heavily WIP. It's still a long way from the holy CH Control Manager and its scripting capabilities but the number of options it offers already is not bad at all.

TL;DR: read the bloody manual. Scripting excluded, you can change almost every basic setting already. Just spend 5 minutes on it (warning: it might require a little effort! :noexpression:)

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

@anyone : Here is a good opportunity to make good money out of pure lazyness (to keep it civil) :)

A T50 half the price, take it!!

@thonnie : good luck with VKB. I've heard their software is top notch straightforward noob friendly, you should be home there. I'm eagerly awaiting your next message on VKB parts of the forum...

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

► VPC MongoosT-50 Base - Final Batch

[...]

we will be doing a final production run before discontinuation which will be available for purchase by the end of November!

[...]

Discontinuation? Will WarBRD be the only base left or is an announcement for a new base on its way?

@anyone : Here is a good opportunity to make good money out of pure lazyness (to keep it civil) :)

A T50 half the price, take it!!

@thonnie : good luck with VKB. I've heard their software is top notch straightforward noob friendly, you should be home there. I'm eagerly awaiting your next message on VKB parts of the forum...

I took a look at vkb software and it looks more confusing than virpil's if you use the actual one the developers reccomend and not the simplified version thats made by someone else.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Perfect combination!:thumbup:

dddd_zpszt7mmj7i.jpg

Another satisfied customer for your account, Virpil. This base is a masterpiece!

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Perfect combination!:thumbup:

Another satisfied customer for your account, Virpil. This base is a masterpiece!

I totally agree! I use the T-50 base with the TM WH grip for almost all aircraft. Only when I fly the Spit or the Mig-21 I use the T.50 grip, because of the analogue brake lever.

The heavy TM WH grip tends to lean forward a little and that's a bonus when I fly the Bf-109 because I can trim it for level flight which is otherwise impossible.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 4 weeks later...

Also did you use heavy springs in the base for the warthog grip?

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Been testing mine for a few weeks.

Pros:

+ Great feel, especially around the centre it's a huge improvement when compared to TMHW and this alone is worth the upgrade

+ Awesome precision

+ Customizability. Didn't have to replace cams or springs, but the ability to tweak each axis stiffness with a simple screw is a big plus.

+ Smaller deflection (15 degress) feels better with extension than TMHW (20 degrees)

+ Warthog grip compatibility out-of-the-box

+ analog brake axis

+ more buttons, less HATs than Warthog (for those who want more buttons)

Cons:

- less HATs, more buttons than Warthog (for those who want more HATs)

- T-50 CM build quality is mediocre. Mine has 1mm panel gap in front, I can feel the grip plastic halves move when force is applied, all HATs and trigger wobble more than 1mm to each side.

- T-50 ergonomics aren't as good as Warthog.

- The foldable trigger does not send the information if it's folded or not to the sim, so it's only a gimmick.

- My Warthog grip does not fit VPC stick extension very well. I'm using the older one from Sahaj.

- Joystick software seems limited. But I haven't tested it much.

Full review in Polish is here: http://yoyosims.pl/hotas-mongoos-t-50-stick-grip

Couple of comparison photos:

virpilmongoost-50_4.jpg

virpilmongoost-50_12.jpg

virpilmongoost-50_10.jpg

virpilmongoost-50_11.jpg

virpilmongoost-50_13.jpg

virpilmongoost-50_3.jpg

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• 1 year later...

I am having an issue with the pov hat switch on my T50 cm2 grip. It seems intermittent when I use it to move my radar cursor. If I press the center click it seems to start again

I remember reading something about the hole on “some” har switch interfering with its travel and function

Not sure if this is the issue or what anyone have any thoughts or a link?

Thanks

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

This matches my experience. I therefore use the T-50 base with the TM WH grip. That gives me the best of both worlds.

Exception: When I fly the Spit or the Mig-21, I need the analog lever for the wheelbrake.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5