IAS / TAS / mod

Would it be possible to have a mod, to show the TAS instead IAS?

When I check the speed of the aircraft, I'd like to have the real speed

Thank you, in advance

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

F18 Hornet

When I press F10, and my aircraft, i can see the TAS

F2 shows the IAS

Post # 22 with attached image

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=213995&page=3

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Also, in the center of the HSI on the FA-18C, you'll see two numbers: XXXT and XXXG. These are the true airspeed and ground speed readouts.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

Try to press LCtrl + Y. First press will switch to True speed

I'm not home right now.

What's happen, actually, when you press LCtrl + Y?

Thank you

True Speed and TAS, is not the same thing??

A mod for having the TAS ( km/h) somewhere on the screen, while in cockpit, would be awesome

Edited by Lenux

TS is your speed through the coordinate space, equal in value to ground speed.

I'm sure the F/A-18 can display TAS in knots somehow but km/h sounds doubtful.

You can get the Infobar on the cockpit view with Ctrl-Y until it shows the units you want. TS is going to be close to TAS, just different by wind vector.

Thank you very much, guys

I tried with LCtrl + Y, and yes, I can cycle between TS and IAS

I'd really like to have a mod, it should show only the TS and altitude, somewhere on the screen corner, not the entire taskbar

But I think, that's impossible

:mad: