Scroll lock key causes DCS VR to terminate

Teej

Latest Open Beta (updated 6-Sep.

Hit scroll lock while in 3D world or generally during loading screens and the VR headset (Rift, at least) goes black...then returns to the default oculus world leaving your DCS completely useless until you end task on it.

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

Guys Oculus has a "submit feedback" option from the desktop Oculus Home.

I would also encourage folks to use that to express your frustration with this.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

An update. I contacted Oculus support, and they asked if I had tried the Scroll Lock crash while using Rift Core 2.0 Beta. I realized that I had never given that a shot.

After opting in to the Rift Core 2.0 Beta (found in Settings > Beta), I've found that the Scroll Lock crash no longer seems to happen for me. Which is great!

I have no idea why, but this is good news.

I'm still in contact with them, and will report back when I have more information. But in the short term, try the Core 2.0 Beta and let me know your findings.

Thanks for the updates, folks!

I'm not playing much multiplayer other than DCS these days, and I too have been using scroll lock for my PTT as long as I can remember.

T

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

Okay, I've been able to fix this, thanks to Oculus support.

I'd like to have you run a Repair to Oculus Home. This is going to assess the integrity of your software, as well as add/update any missing files from our database.

In order to locate the Repair Tool, you'll just need to launch the OculusSetup.exe file used to install Oculus Home. If you launch that while having the software installed, you should be presented with a new Repair option.

After that Repair, please test out your Rift again to see if there is any change with the Scroll Lock key.

So, just go here, and grab OculusSetup.exe: https://www.oculus.com/setup/

Hope this helps others.

An update. I contacted Oculus support, and they asked if I had tried the Scroll Lock crash while using Rift Core 2.0 Beta. I realized that I had never given that a shot.

After opting in to the Rift Core 2.0 Beta (found in Settings > Beta), I've found that the Scroll Lock crash no longer seems to happen for me. Which is great!

I have no idea why, but this is good news.

I'm still in contact with them, and will report back when I have more information. But in the short term, try the Core 2.0 Beta and let me know your findings.

Last time I tried it, Rift Core 2.0 Beta caused alot of issues in DCS for me.

Including stuttering and low frame rate.

Upon tabbing out, I discovered that, when running DCS in RC Beta, all my USB 3.0 ports, were identified by Rift Core as USB 2.0

I went back to release version and the problems went away.

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian