DCS F-35A

Wags

Turbojet engines are all but out of favour for decades. They provided excellent top speed but poor acceleration.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you play A-10C? That's a game.

For the german pc magazine "Gamestar", DCS: Warthog isn't a game. They tested it in 2011 (or so) and came to the end, that this title is so hardcore, it's not a game ... and got no evaluation. :lol:

The tester of the magazine was visible overstrained with it's basics in singleplayer. :D

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For the german pc magazine "Gamestar", DCS: Warthog isn't a game. They tested it in 2011 (or so) and came to the end, that this title is so hardcore, it's not a game ... and got no evaluation. :lol:

The tester of the magazine was visible overstrained with it's basics in singleplayer. :D

regards,

Fire

Because he's an idiot it's not a game? :noexpression:

Very interesting project, I will be withholding judgement until I see something of substance, such as actual flight models beginning to take shape, cockpit avionics at least partially working. As someone who has toyed with the idea of making an aircraft in the DCS world platform, I know just how much time, dedication, and determination, as well as information sharing and networking which is involved to achieve even basic functionality. I think it might be a little presumptuous to state with any certainty when the module might be released, and to assert that it will be playable within a year is extremely optimistic. Look at some of the other DCS third party modules which are currently in development. Although we have seen little from them of late in the way of progress, its obvious to see just how easily a certain feature can bring the entire production to a halt. They (third party devs) are learning as they go, in a way without much help or assistance, and not always with all the knowledge of how to implement what it is they wish to. The reason we saw DCS Huey so early, I believe, is because as a DCS project, its scope was achievable within the limits of what is known about third party development currently. It's functionality is fairly basic, although impressive to see it all working as a unified module. But the scope of an f-35 dcs module with even a medium level of depth in systems and functionality would be rather daunting. That is why I am taking a step back before judging this, as I don't doubt it can be done, but as to what will emerge from such an endeavour is anyone's guess.

Best of luck to eagle and I look forward to seeing something of the project.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Find us at http://virtual-roulettes.forumotion.com/

@Eno...

It was a straightforward proposition

I balance my thirst for fidelity with the unshakeable reality that no matter how real I think it feels, I don't know the difference and I'm still sitting in front of a computer (usually with a drink in my free hand.)

My next question is a little OT- but about what time can I expect Synthetic Apperture Radar capability in the Hog? :D

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Will be interested to see how close this really is. I am a crew chief on F-35 AF-03. If you need help with anything, let me know. Will help with what I can.

• Like 1

"There is always a small microcosm of people

who need to explain away their suckage"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eagle 13 Any updates ????????

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

Eagle 13 Any updates ????????

Somewhere back in the 70+ pages of drivel he said he was not going to say any more until the kickstarter release 28/6. I would get you the quote but it means trawling back into that mess and i already feel like this thread has sapped my will to live.

On a brighter note, I'm very interested to see how this project pans out and i will definitely chip in a modest amount to help it along.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

I would get you the quote but it means trawling back into that mess and i already feel like this thread has sapped my will to live.

:lol: - Love it! How true.

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

I am eager to see what they offer up to tempt us for the kickstarter....

I'm quite curious at the price mark they'll aim for and the stretch goals, it would be lovely if they'd manage to grab enough cash to build up main variants.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm quite curious at the price mark they'll aim for and the stretch goals, it would be lovely if they'd manage to grab enough cash to build up main variants.

$50 is my mid-limit $40 my bottom limit.

Upper limit depends on the kickstarter content.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Well this thread is massive... I will definitely chip in for an F-35 if it looks to be the mutts nuts, I'll wait for a little more info first though. I'm intrigued as to how accurate any of it could be with the jet itself being newer than new.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I am eager to see what they offer up to tempt us for the kickstarter....

Agreed. It should be interesting.

I am sure I will kick in but the amount depends on the perks.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The A-10 is my favorite plane, The F-35 has become my 2nd favorite. So this makes me pretty happy having both available for DCS. K.I has my support already without seeing much at all. I'm sure when we get more info and pictures of what they are capable of I will be even more excited to throw money at this project than I am already.

Edited by Mike Busutil