RAZBAM MiG-19

OverStratos

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will definitely be buying the MiG-19,we just need a F-4 now to get the mix right.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So... What missiles will we be getting on the MiG-19p? K-13?

Also... How is the radar gonna help in weapons employment? Can it be used for the gunsight, can it even lock a target?

Thanks is advance for the reply! :D

*EDIT*

R-3s capability confirmed! >:]

However the question still remains... K/R-13/m/m1 (o_o)

Edited by asla36
Found the answer after reading the thread again.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

1) R-3S

2) Yes, the radar can be used to compute cannons impact point. It was designed to do this under adverse metereological conditions and at night in a pretty peculiar way.

Nice! >:]

In a peculiar way... Does it require visual to fire the guns at night (like in the MiG-21bis), or is there a target indicator on the HUD? Talking about the HUD, how does it compare with the MiG-21bis one? And how does the radar display work? Why am I asking so many questions? What is the meaning of life? :blink:

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

We are developing a P version since an actual P version is on our reach, now if it will get into any other variant, time will tell

Thanks for the clarification Prowler!

Can we get a mod to change the title of the thread updating the variant so we won't have to answer this question every couple threads when we get near release

I think that the currently planned MiG-19p is the perfect variant. It has a bit of everything, unlike some other variants. So if there isn't any sudden info shortages, or something that would inhibit the development of the aircraft. Please stick to this version! :D

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

In a peculiar way... Does it require visual to fire the guns at night (like in the MiG-21bis), or is there a target indicator on the HUD? Talking about the HUD, how does it compare with the MiG-21bis one? And how does the radar display work? Why am I asking so many questions? What is the meaning of life? :blink:

I can only answer the meaning of life question... 42? :music_whistling:

There's no need to visually adquire the target, the sight have a target indicator, not the way you may expect, but still one.

P seems to be the most universal version. Based just on a quick lookup (assume it's not complete/fully correct):

- search radar, no lock capability (no SAR missiles). As already mentioned radar has really a limited range and don't expect it to be usefull on low altitudes (brace yourself, bug reports that radar doesn't see a target just in front of the nose are coming :lol: )

- guns: two 23mm NR-23 or two 30mm NR-30 in later upgrade of P. (90 bullets per each?, ~6s of fire ?)

- IR missiles, K-13 - generally a copy of Aim-9 Sidewinder with increased amount of exposives. Inner and outer pylons (max 4 missiles)

- A-G rocket pods - ORO-57K pods in 4, 8 and 16 variants. Carries the S-5 A-G unguided rocket. Seems that 8 rocket variant of the pod was most poular with MiG-19. Were other also used? Mounted on both inner and outer pylons or only on the inner one?

- External drop tanks on outer pylons: 760l (found also information indicating 800l and 1140l drop tanks)

- Bombs?

From other proposed versions like the PM doesn't have canons and is equipped with K-5M anti bomber missile, which doesn't have any no use in dog-fight. S version is not equipped with the radar (nor IR missiles? - guns only).

Edited by firmek

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

So with the possibility of there being two calibers of cannon will there be an option to choose one or the other in the rearming menu? Will that aspect be similar to how the INS is with the m2K where it is a server selected option? If it is a rearming option will it load up as would any other rocket or bomb or will there be a considerable time delay similar to how loading fuel works in that it may take 2 or 3 minutes to swap out the cannons? Looking great so far guys I'm really excited to see this baby in the air soon. Also do you have the manual for this guy or any pictures/ info on how the solution for the HUD looks like?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

- search radar, no lock capability

Wrong, it will autolock anything within a 7 degrees cone, 4km in front of the aircraft.(RP-5)

don't expect it to be usefull on low altitudes

It is not. Radar use under 2000mts is almost impossible.

Inner and outer pylons (max 4 missiles)

Only two R-3S missiles can be mounted on outer pylons. Some MiG-19Ps were upgraded with two MiG-19PM like pylons to fire RS-2U, but those are not the subject of our work.

- Bombs?

250kg and under, in the drop tanks pylons.

just build and release this d*mn thing! my wallet/credit card is ready!! :-)

love flying the MiG's!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

So with the possibility of there being two calibers of cannon will there be an option to choose one or the other in the rearming menu?

Only early variants used the 23mm cannons. Our MiG-19P is from later series, so only 30mm cannons.

any pictures/ info on how the solution for the HUD looks like?

ASP-5V.png.13e6f1fc917b245cad0831d4ec008ca0.png39DFngD

When the target enters the radar locking range, the sight will show the target mark and the "lock" (3AXBAT) lamp will turn on. A small instrument left of the sight will indicate target range. The target mark needs to be in the center of the rings for correct aiming. When the distance to target is within fire parameters, the "fire" lamp will turn on. The system is designed to engage aircraft in clouds and at night, so no need to visually adquire the target. The sight can range by radar or by optics (like MiG-15).

Only early variants used the 23mm cannons. Our MiG-19P is from later series, so only 30mm cannons.

[ATTACH]159635[/ATTACH]39DFngD

When the target enters the radar locking range, the sight will show the target mark and the "lock" (3AXBAT) lamp will turn on. A small instrument left of the sight will indicate target range. The target mark needs to be in the center of the rings for correct aiming. When the distance to target is within fire parameters, the "fire" lamp will turn on. The system is designed to engage aircraft in clouds and at night, so no need to visually adquire the target. The sight can range by radar or by optics (like MiG-15).

Hmm... I wonder why they didn't carry that target indicator over to the MiG-21bis? Was it that they didn't think it was useful since they believed in missiles? When it comes to "why they didn't"s I wonder why didn't they implement the cursor pointing at radar lock for air targets, because they did have it for the ground locks... :huh:

Oh well... Hindsight is 20/20. :D

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Wrong, it will autolock anything within a 7 degrees cone, 4km in front of the aircraft.(RP-5)

It is not. Radar use under 2000mts is almost impossible.

Only two R-3S missiles can be mounted on outer pylons. Some MiG-19Ps were upgraded with two MiG-19PM like pylons to fire RS-2U, but those are not the subject of our work.

250kg and under, in the drop tanks pylons.

So a more advanced Russian "Sabre". :)

Sooo... Does the radar consume alcohol like in the MiG-21bis, or is consuming alcohol only the pilots job? If not is there another cooling liquid that runs out? And how fast!? AND CAN YOU TURN THE RADAR TO STANDBY OR ON AS YOU WISH!?!?!?!?

:D

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]