Please add height callout in Ka-50 for slingloading

D4n

Currently it takes terribly long to descend with ka-50, since large crates block altitude-measurement it will always show 21 meters alitude, please add a voice that calls real altitude to ground. (Mi-8 module is just too expensive for me to buy just for slingloading)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• ED Team

The Ka-50 does not have a crew member to call out the height.

The Mi-8 and UH-1H have crew for this task.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Ok, but could you fix the radar altimeter to not get blocked by the crate below the Ka-50?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I don't have this problem myself (simply don't sling with the Shark), but one thing that could be done and be quite realistic, is to allow for ground crew to give queues through radio. Of course, that necessitate to drop the cargo close to existing personnel (soldier with communication equipment would do, not available at the moment though) and some tweaks from Ed.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

helicopter operation need a guy on the ground waving his arms.

that's usually what the pilot looks at. for cues

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

If it has a hook to be used in RL there has to be a practical answer to this issue.

Since it can carry some fuel and ammo, if only 1/3 fueled it could carry a small grade in RL I guess. maybe not what it is made for primarily, but there is a hook and the russians dont make a hook if you dont need it, simplicity in design comes to my mind. So what is the ka-50 ment to lift in RL ?

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

barometric altimeter, and ABRIS are also great when determining your height...

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

If it has a hook to be used in RL there has to be a practical answer to this issue.

Since it can carry some fuel and ammo, if only 1/3 fueled it could carry a small grade in RL I guess. maybe not what it is made for primarily, but there is a hook and the russians dont make a hook if you dont need it, simplicity in design comes to my mind. So what is the ka-50 ment to lift in RL ?

I would guess so that it can ferry its own supplies to some forward operating base. Or perhaps just for "SPIE" rope(Special Patrol Insertion/Extraction)lowered into the pickup area from a hovering helicopter. Patrol personnel, each wearing a harness with an attached carabineer.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

So it's like...

"I demand the most realistic sim possible!

But can I please get some mods to make it better?"

I, for one, would like betty to call out "Ohhhhhh nooo" or "WATCH OUT" randomly and for no particular reason - to simulate the adrenaline rush and the challenge I get from my mom being in the passenger seat in mid panic attack.

Exactly, a voice for callouts would make sense as ground crew would assist in slingloading.

As long as it has all of the contact requirements usual to speaking to ground crew, ie properly set radio/intercom, only functioning at friendly military owned airfields, being dependent on asset availability etc

sounds fine