[Cockpit++] Android application for DCS

astazou

:smilewink:

Well 40fps isn't set in stone. Lower might do it too.

I have done test projects in Android but never the deployment, actually running anything on devices, just emulators. So it would be very interesting to take part in this.

I did two gauges for the Saitek FIP but the effort stalled due to some unknown bug/incompatibility.

40 FPS on the device ? possible, depends of your CPU, it also depends of your fps in game because lua scripts is executed at each frame in game :

function LuaExportAfterNextFrame()

And as you probably saw it in the lua : https://github.com/frasta/luaForCockpitPlusPlus/blob/master/Cockpit%2B%2B.lua

I use a delay to not overexecute the script (it could make DCS a little slower). You can try to change this delay to '1' to get a maximum info' from the game.

If you have Android xp, it's awesome, you will be welcome to contribute to the project :)

(just wait I finish to make it openSource, I'm writing some docs to explain some stuffs and give guide lines)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello pilots,

Small teasing of the next update:

- Nozzle for the Harrier

I10EnNj.png

- TabletMod to manage several panels, landscape and portrait

wrPIowT.jpg

rZ3eNFP.jpg

I still have a bug to fix, I hope I will fix it before leaving for holidays...

@ArturDCS the project is now openSourcerd, but no documentation/wiki yet, I keep you in touch ;)

My DCS contributions:
- My mods/skins: here
- My server/missions scripts: there
- My Discord bot:
this place
If you want to thank me buying a coffee☕/beer🍺, feel free:
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Astazou

The user can use tablet or smartphone mod to get 1 panel on the screen or several.

18a7HF8.png

I gave the app' to some friends for testing, if everything is ok I plan to publish this last version with the Nozzle today or tomorrow.

• Like 1

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place

@astazou

Wonderful app! Just tried it out and it works beautifully.

I'm running 1.2 beta and see that only certain panels for the Eagle, Mirage & Huey are available right now. I'm very eager to use this with the CDU on A-10C and hope you are able to make that available soon.

Two things are particularly helpful about this program:

• The touch area to change a switch briefly lights up when activated. This is great visual feedback to see exactly where the touch area is and also let you know if there is one area to press (to cycle options) or multiple (for up+down, etc.) touch points.

Some switches that look like they should have Up+Down actually just cycle through the options and seeing the registration area when you tap removes the guess work.

• The Sandbox tab under Settings is great. I'd like to learn more about communicating with DCS externally and this will be very useful. Hopefully using this and playing with your export++.lua file, I'll be able to add my more on my own. Nice touch to include it!

If you have any tips about how to find the argument values I see used in your Lua file I'd be curious to learn more.

While the visual feedback is nice, perhaps for a future version you might think about adding both haptic and audio feedback. It would be nice to have the option for the device vibrate and/or hear a switch "click" as feedback when you use it.

Thanks for an excellent contribution to the DCS community! Cheers.

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

@astazou

Wonderful app! Just tried it out and it works beautifully.

I'm running 1.2 beta and see that only certain panels for the Eagle, Mirage & Huey are available right now. I'm very eager to use this with the CDU on A-10C and hope you are able to make that available soon.

Two things are particularly helpful about this program:

• The touch area to change a switch briefly lights up when activated. This is great visual feedback to see exactly where the touch area is and also let you know if there is one area to press (to cycle options) or multiple (for up+down, etc.) touch points.

Some switches that look like they should have Up+Down actually just cycle through the options and seeing the registration area when you tap removes the guess work.

• The Sandbox tab under Settings is great. I'd like to learn more about communicating with DCS externally and this will be very useful. Hopefully using this and playing with your export++.lua file, I'll be able to add my more on my own. Nice touch to include it!

If you have any tips about how to find the argument values I see used in your Lua file I'd be curious to learn more.

While the visual feedback is nice, perhaps for a future version you might think about adding both haptic and audio feedback. It would be nice to have the option for the device vibrate and/or hear a switch "click" as feedback when you use it.

Thanks for an excellent contribution to the DCS community! Cheers.

Thank you for your feedbacks and for your suggestions, they are interesting :)

I'm gonna release another version in the coming hours.

To find argument values I searched in the .lua of the modules, you can find many things here:

For more panels, we will see with the contributors, I made the project openSource for anyone contribute as he wants. (more details in the coming update ;) )

Cheers

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place

Ok guys, the new version is out (or being deployed)

Here is the changeLog:

12/15/2017:

• Nozzle for AV-8B n/a Harrier by Razbam

• Tablet mod to have several panels

• The application is now open-sourced! (documentation will come soon)

• Discord server opened for anyone

For this update, please, update the LUA, or the app' will not work anymore (need to update it to enjoy the news features wink.gif )

If you are a new user, you will find every links/info on the first message of this thread wink.gif

Here ==> https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3152502&postcount=1

If you need help and/or you want to contribute*, join us on our Discord server:

fZFR2Yf.jpg

By the way, contributors can access to the source now:

> The sources <

But there is no doc for now, it will come soon

*Contribute: coding, translate in different language, testing, ...

I add again the QRCode access:

IRCjwgI.png

or click here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.astazou.cockpitplusplus

or type "cockpit++" on the playstore

Good vertical flight smile.gif

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place

Thanks for this!

A few suggestions:

1) Would it be possible to make it work on a device that is used as a wifi hotspot for the PC and other devices? My setup is like that, I use my data plan on my phone as my main internet connection for my PC, and I would like to use my phone as my Cockpit++ device. Tried it but didn't work. Other similar apps does work with this configuration.

2) (not to serious...) I fly the Huey and would appreciate more panels, and of-course panels for the Ka-50 and Mi-8 too ;-)

But what I have now for the Huey looks promising!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

1) Would it be possible to make it work on a device that is used as a wifi hotspot for the PC and other devices? My setup is like that, I use my data plan on my phone as my main internet connection for my PC, and I would like to use my phone as my Cockpit++ device. Tried it but didn't work. Other similar apps does work with this configuration.

I never tested that, but it's interesting, I also think it should work, I will try and I will have a look in the coming weeks (not now, I'm currently not at home)

2) (not to serious...) I fly the Huey and would appreciate more panels, and of-course panels for the Ka-50 and Mi-8 too ;-)

But what I have now for the Huey looks promising!

I don't own the Ka-50 and the Mi-8, so I will not be able to realize anything for these modules, but I made the project openSource for anyone can contribute, so you "just" need to find a developer who wants to spend 25h (average time of work for a single panel) of work on the panel you want ^^

I don't know what panel I will do next, for now I prefer help contributors for their first panel :smilewink:

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place

• 1 month later...

can't connect

Hi

I'm having trouble getting the app connected I have followed the instructions and edited the files but still doesn't connect. does the export.lau edit have to be on a specific line or can it go anywhere.

I've double checked ip addresses and ports and all seem to be correct.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Pete:helpsmilie:

Hi Pete,

Were you in mission (without 'pause') when you tried?

Are you on the same network (mobile and computer)?

Show me your export.lua ;)

See ya

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place

• 3 weeks later...

But as I saied, the project will be openSource, so anyone who wants to contribute with an iOS version can do it. ;)

When? Where? ;) Maybe I could add something for Ka-50....

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

When? Where? ;) Maybe I could add something for Ka-50....

Now, on GitHub :)

Here is the adress: https://github.com/CockpitPP

I worked pretty well on the doc' last week (for the wiki), I want to finish it soon to publish it :thumbup:

Feel free to come talk on Discord if you want ;)

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place

• 2 months later...

Hi i am trying your app......in this stage it is not very useful for me since i have tm mfd and a profile that covers all the mirage controls with my controls, but in the future are you planning on adding other controls?

Like startup contros for the engine/radar/rwr maybe a moving map....

Anyway keep the good work...it is awesome

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Hi i am trying your app......in this stage it is not very useful for me since i have tm mfd and a profile that covers all the mirage controls with my controls, but in the future are you planning on adding other controls?

Like startup contros for the engine/radar/rwr maybe a moving map....

Anyway keep the good work...it is awesome

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback,

I plan to do other panels, I just need some free time again (I moved with my girlfriend, I have less free time than before :music_whistling:)

But I find time to help people when someone needs something (for installation or contribution)

For the next update, I try to find how is working the export of MFCD, but I don't get everything, so I will probably implement something else, I don't know yet what, I will see ;)

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback,

I plan to do other panels, I just need some free time again (I moved with my girlfriend, I have less free time than before :music_whistling:)

But I find time to help people when someone needs something (for installation or contribution)

For the next update, I try to find how is working the export of MFCD, but I don't get everything, so I will probably implement something else, I don't know yet what, I will see ;)

I can understand you

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 5 months later...

Hey there,

In same time I'm writting these lines, the last version of the app is deploying!

What's new:

• VVI for the A-10C by Eagle Dynamics

• HSI for the A-10C by Eagle Dynamics

• EMIs for the A-10C by Eagle Dynamics

• Radar management panel for the Mig-21Bis by Leatherneck Simulations

• The application has now a documentation to learn how to make a panel

• App is now in fullscreen mod

For this update, please, update the LUA, or the app' will not work anymore (need to update it to enjoy the news features wink.gif )

Important thing, there is here the work of the first contributor who made a pull request, he is ArturDCS and he made the panels for the A10C, thank you to him !

You may see some bad perf' on some A10C panel, we are investigating and an update will be secretly published when it will be OP ;)

If you are a new user, you will find every links/info on the first message of this thread wink.gif

Here ==> https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...02&postcount=1

By the way, contributors can access to the source now:

> The sources <

And here is the tuto to learn how to make a panel on Android : https://github.com/CockpitPP/CockpitPP_Android/wiki/How-to-add-a-panel-to-the-Android-app

Remember there is several ways to contribute, not only coding : translate in different language, testing, tuto on youtube, ...

I add again the QRCode access:

IRCjwgI.png

or click here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ockpitplusplus

or type "cockpit++" on the playstore

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place

• 1 month later...
Thanks for this, it's brilliant. Would be happy to pay for this.

I'll pay if someone does the Viggen (computer) :)

Developer has a nice tutorial, I might at some point try a Viggen computer. If I can manage to get it to work, I will certainly share with developer!