C-101 update

Vibora

They can't finish their work because too many people asking questions all the time!

I doubt that ... I have noted that most people here is having a great deal of patience with Aviodev.

I may be wrong, but my hunch is that Aviodev is mostly experienced on the 3D modeling aspect of the aircraft and the system's & flight modeling is contracted to an external firm, and to an extent they depend on that firm to finish their part.

Whining about the delay is not going to get things done faster, so I chose to dedicate time to my other aircrafts and get back to the C-101 once it's FM is updated.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

As far as I know, they only have one coder that does it in his free time, combined with no experience in DCS coding and some private issues (not sure about the latter), it takes a long time. But as said above, most people understand and have patience. Others, well..

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Let's just hope they don't end up like VEAO...

I hope not! However, i doubt it... but being just a pair of guys that must work on this in their free time, no wonder the delays, however, they don't do half assed updates like others and odd is the fix they have to do to something alredy in the module

From ED Producer:

Совсем cкоро для него появится АФМ и оружие.

google translate: Very soon for him there will be an AFM and a weapon.

фил фоба не слаще...

i5-3570K, 24GB DDR3-1600, 6GB GTX1060, Win7x64

From ED Producer:

google translate: Very soon for him there will be an AFM and a weapon.

:) ... that would be so good, I will cross my fingers ...

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Here's hoping it's a Christmas present!

You didn't specify they year though. ;)

(joking aside, I am also really looking forward to the C-101's AFM!)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Indeed... Alacc17, when did Chizh post that? I couldn't find the russian thread.

it's a quote from today:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3700756&postcount=16370

Yes, as fun as it sounds. XDDD

And the Hornet is the "Bizcocho" or Spongue Cake because the F-18 is as much thirsty as a Spongue Cake inside a coffe.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Cullopollo? I don't know much Spanish but they call it the chicken ass?And give it multicrew and weapons and I'm sure we'll see plenty of it.

It is not "chicken ass" but "he who has the chicken ass". IIRC it is because the tail and stabilizers just over the engine exhaust look like an defeathered chicken arse.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
It is not "chicken ass" but "he who has the chicken ass". IIRC it is because the tail and stabilizers just over the engine exhaust look like an defeathered chicken arse.

Which would be ''chicken ass'' in colloquial English =) There's 'literal translation' and then there's what someone might actually say.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to AvioJet.

I like those light attack aircraft and since I saw CC version is out, I bought it and gave it a ride. Here are few of my impressions and thoughts. And to make it clear at the beginning, I am MP player only, so my comments goes from this perspective.

1) Videos and guides are lacking. There is documentation and videos where you can see how to do trillion steps that are not *needed*. Any guide only with necessary steps I was unable to find. Lucky enough the aircraft is not complex so I was able to get to the point I need by trial and error quite soon. I know this gets better in time, community will create such content. Chuck will make his guide in few months. So its not complaint towards AJ, just saying its not yet so easy for MP user to just download one "in a few steps" manual, start and play.

2) Flying this machine is great experience. Flight model feels well done, weapon employment is difficult but rewarding. Cockpit is nice, the whole package feels good and solid. For the module to be fun in MP however, I would like you to address following issues soonish rather than lateish.

3) Please fix MP refueling issue so we MP users can actually use this aircraft. Also I believe we are missing external fuel tanks to be able to equip?

4) Add possibility to use Sea Eagle in MP. Good solution could be "Mark Label" on F10 map as Heatblur is already using for their Viggen and will be using in the future (implemented also for Tomcat). I have strong feeling that due to limited air to ground capability (vulnerability to ground fire to be precise) the main role for CC in MP will be anti-ship task.

Other not so pressing yet annoying issues:

3) Please add axis for brakes. Currently we have axis for left and right brake, but not for both at once. Its annoying to be spamming W key because usually you don't want to hold it and apply full brake power.

5) AIM-9M is all aspect IR missile but behave like rear aspect. It is limiting in terms of self defense.

6) Is CC able to carry GBUs IRL? It can carry wide range of dumb bombs but if you can mount also GBU to be used with JTAC (similar to Tiger or Mirage), it would open whole new level of fun in SP and usability in MP. TBH I'd like to see this implemented even if CCs do not carry GBUs IRL. Because I believe it is not a technical difficulty to mount GBU to CC and since every scenario of usage the aircraft in DCS is made up (not based on reality), why do not add a weapon which was never used IRL yet may be used theoretically. I believe this alone would give you some buyers and since it behaves basically as a dumb bomb, I think it does not require much effort to implement.

Overall, thank you for your great work AvioJet guys, I do not regret the money and I am looking forward to your further development!

Great Module, a joy to fly, Im a MP pilot as well and main prob for me is the slow speed, is it because the fuel is bugged and the plane is like fileld at maximum capacity? I could barely reach 350 knots in a dive, and with all the weapons the cruise speed is around 160 kts....

I can reach the same speed with the Huey.

Now similar planes like Mb339 and L39 I know are a little faster, but I shouldnt have prob to reach 350 or 400 with combat ready setup, and not only in a dive no?

Ecternal view flyby is so slow compared even the Huey that has the same kind of speed....

Rwr also could be handy or some ECM pods for flares maybe. Other than that, awesome module guys, thx :)