AV-8B COPY PROTECTION CHANGE

Wags

AV-8B COPY PROTECTION CHANGE  

441 members have voted

1. 1. AV-8B COPY PROTECTION CHANGE

• 1 Calendar Day
    • 3 Calendar Days ( Current System Under Evaluation )
    • 7 Calendar Days
    • 14 Calendar Days
    • 21 Calendar Days
    • 30 Calendar Days ( Once a Month )
    • 60 Calendar Days
    • 90 Calendar Days

• ED Team

IMPORTANT: AV-8B COPY PROTECTION CHANGE!

Dear all,

With the release of the AV-8B today, it is import to know that this will be the first DCS World product that uses our new protection system. Rather than use StarForce keys, we are moving to a “keyless” system which binds your purchase to your http://www.dcs-world.com username, and NOT a key. You will not need a constant internet connection either. The new system will just “phone home” after a three day period or the next time you log into DCS World.

This new system will also provide benefits for Steam users and Gifting. Once those details are worked out, we look forward to sharing them with you.

We strongly believe that this will make protection of your DCS World products much more simple. At a later point, we hope to apply this same protection system to all of our other modules.

Also, the AV-8B release today is for the Open Beta version of DCS World. Please make sure you use this version and that you update it today.

We must release all new aircraft modules on the Caucasus map first as not everyone may operate one of the DCS 2.1 maps. We don't believe it fair to force customers to purchase one of these maps to fly their new aircraft. We do though plan to update DCS 2.1 for the AV-8B in the next one to two weeks.

Thanks,

The Eagle Dynamics Team

Edited by Wags

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance you can port over the existing modules to this new system?

I particularly think this would be useful for those of us who bought the BS2 upgrade from BS1.

Bit of an irritation having to install BS1 just so you can install BS2 in DCS.

• Like 1

To INVENT an Airplane is Nothing.

To BUILD One is Something.

But to FLYis EVERYTHING.

- Otto Lilienthal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

I particularly think this would be useful for those of us who bought the BS2 upgrade from BS1.

Just AV-8B for now, but we hope to apply this to other modules later on.

Just AV-8B for now, but we hope to apply this to other modules later on.

Thanks, that's great to hear.

To INVENT an Airplane is Nothing.

To BUILD One is Something.

But to FLYis EVERYTHING.

- Otto Lilienthal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I actually bought BS2 full, just to get rid of this annoyance.

This is a really smart move and I love the fact that DCS now just knows what I have and manages the modules accordingly. Looking forward to having all modules on the new system. Perhaps with 2.5?

Edited by Boris

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

So, what happens if we try to play DCS without internet connectivity? Will modules protected this way work?

Just tested. Unplugged LAN cable (no WiFi whatsoever in my PC), started DCS, cancelled login, got "Multiplayer will not be available", and other than that everything worked fine. I was able to launch the Harrier mission I'd just built for some screenies and could sit in the pit just fine.

OFC that's no guarantee it'll stay like this, but looks good so far.

• ED Team
So, what happens if we try to play DCS without internet connectivity? Will modules protected this way work?

Will be fine. The systems will just need to perform a "phone home" verification every four days.

Most important, this is no constant online connection required.

Thanks

Edited by Wags

Greetings, thanks for all the great work! i think you are in the correct direction but i have a couple of questions: do you have planes for a two step verification or something like steam guard in case of stolen account? if i pass more than 4 day without internet i lost the posibility of use my modules? when i reconect to the dcs server i recover this?

Is there a limited number of activations (or even a concept of activation?), in case we switch back to an older version of DCS for example, then back to the latest, or re-install DCS, ...?

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• ED Team
Is there a limited number of activations (or even a concept of activation?), in case we switch back to an older version of DCS for example, then back to the latest, or re-install DCS, ...?

There are no activation's, it is linked to your ED account.

You can only use The AV-8B from this version number on-wards, so older versions can not be used for the AV-8B

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Greetings, thanks for all the great work! i think you are in the correct direction but i have a couple of questions: do you have planes for a two step verification or something like steam guard in case of stolen account? if i pass more than 4 day without internet i lost the posibility of use my modules? when i reconect to the dcs server i recover this?

We certainly consider such a possibility. We will keep you informed when plans evolve.

There are no activation's, it is linked to your ED account.

You can only use The AV-8B from this version number on-wards, so older versions can not be used for the AV-8B

Yes of course, I meant for the other aircraft once they change to this new protection scheme.

That's great, thanks!

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Hrm, i don't like the idea of not being able to fly if i am for whatever reason without internet for a longer time. It does not pertain to me at this point, but software that stops working once your out of civilization is generally not a good idea. Is 1.5 or 2.1 ''calling home'' at the moment, even if i don't fire up ED DCS for a week or longer?

• ED Team
Hrm, i don't like the idea of not being able to fly if i am for whatever reason without internet for a longer time. It does not pertain to me at this point, but software that stops working once your out of civilization is generally not a good idea. Is 1.5 or 2.1 ''calling home'' at the moment, even if i don't fire up ED DCS for a week or longer?

You are not required to log in every four days. I just means that after a four day mark, it will send a verification the next time you play DCS World.