Saving Campaign Progress

Horns

I'm likely to do a PC rebuild shortly, and that probably means I'll need to reinstall DCS. I'd like to keep my progress from the Viggen Caucasus mini-campaign. Is there a way I can copy my campaign progress and paste it into the new install?

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

I believe logbook.lua file (located in Saved Games\DCS[...]\MissionEditor\) has the campaign progress stored in it, so that's the one I would back up and copy to the new PC.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I believe logbook.lua file (located in Saved Games\DCS[...]\MissionEditor\) has the campaign progress stored in it, so that's the one I would back up and copy to the new PC.

Awesome, many thanks :)

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

Just backup the whole Saved Games DCS folder. You also have an options lua for your monitor settings and your stick bindings in those folders too.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Just backup the whole Saved Games DCS folder. You also have an options lua for your monitor settings and your stick bindings in those folders too.

I made the switch from Steam to Stand alone this weekend, and I just copied the whole saved games/DCS folder.

Everything was there, system settings, profiles, logbook pilots, campaign progress...

You can't go wrong if you copy the whole folder.

Thanks to you all. For some weird reason the copy/paste procedure didn't restore my campaign save the first time I tried it, but it did work this time, so I know it will in the future.

Always pleasantly surprised at how wiling this community is to help. o7