[FIXED] ICLS indication bars too small

JOJOZ

If you would zoom in, in DCS World, on the same level, like the other picture - it would be the same size.

They don't. In the IRL picture you can clearly see the glideslope bar extends beyond the AoA bracket. In DCS it does not, and zooming in is not going to elongate the bar.

The question is, what if the picture is not from the same F/A-18 version as the one modelled in DCS? :smartass:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

The question is, what if the picture is not from the same F/A-18 version as the one modelled in DCS? :smartass:

There are numerous HUD tapes available from many versions of the Hornet, as well as the Super Hornet too. Old & new Hornets alike, as well as Super Hornets, show the ICLS to be exactly the same size as one another, just like almost every other HUD element, bar only a few minor specific differences that are mostly weapons related. Plus I think I read a while ago that ED have acknowledged this and will at some update tweak the needles to match the real ones.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

Fixed internally (as the thread topic says), but it is easily fixable right now for impatient people who don't mind messing around with the HUD lua files (needless to say, this is not compatible with the integrity check, so save a backup of your file):

In \DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\HUD_AVQ32\indicator\Pages\HUD_common.lua scroll down to line 384-387 to find the horizontal and vertical bar info. addPlaceholder("ILS_Vert_Root" and (...)"ILS_Hor_Root" define the starting coordinate of the lines ("51"), and addStrokeLine("ILS_Vert" and (...)("ILS_Hor" etc define the length of the lines (102). Multiplying all instances of 51 and 102 with 2 gives lines twice as long, in the correct position.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192048&stc=1&d=1534273796

Edited by drPhibes

Fixed internally (as the thread topic says), but it is easily fixable right now for impatient people who don't mind messing around with the HUD lua files (needless to say, this is not compatible with the integrity check, so save a backup of your file):

In \DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\HUD_AVQ32\indicator\Pages\HUD_common.lua scroll down to line 384-387 to find the horizontal and vertical bar info. addPlaceholder("ILS_Vert_Root" and (...)"ILS_Hor_Root" define the starting coordinate of the lines ("51"), and addStrokeLine("ILS_Vert" and (...)("ILS_Hor" etc define the length of the lines (102). Multiplying all instances of 51 and 102 with 2 gives lines twice as long, in the correct position.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192048&stc=1&d=1534273796

Thanks for the tip drPhibes. By the way, it would appear as if you're shooting an ILS to an airfield. I didn't know the DCS Hornet had the ability to do that yet. Can you let us in that little secret?:shifty:

Edited by bigalsunit

Thanks for the tip drPhibes. By the way, it would appear as if you're shooting an ILS to an airfield. I didn't know the DCS Hornet had the ability to do that yet. Can you let us in that little secret?:shifty:

Not only YET, it won't EVER get a land ILS. Unfortunately.

At least that's what Wags replied in a FB post - Navy Hornets don't have ILS therefore the DCS Hornet will not have one either.

What we can hope for is a field carrier landing system kind of implementation at some point in the - most probably very distant - future.

Edited by Spathiphyllum

You have to mod the airfield .lua file to add the ICLS function in game. There is another thread that covers this very thing in detail.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Maybe I'm just tired and not comprehending what I'm supposed to change! I found the lines, can you copy and paste it in here so I can make sure I did this correctly?? Please.

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster TPR Pedels - TrackIR

I was tired or the ICLS are now correct?? (without the HUD_common.lua modify)

I have a new line on the file : local ILSLineLen = 202

I have restored my original HUD_common.lua file but the ICLS stay with the good size... WTF :lol:

The fix was included in yesterday's update, so my mod described earlier is no longer necessary.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=217594

The fix was included in yesterday's update, so my mod described earlier is no longer necessary.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=217594

Yeah I don't have it yet, I'm running stable version, not the Beta, so it will be another 2 weeks of getting my marks messed up on approach. Same size as VV so sometimes on wrong mark, grrrr

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Any chance of a copy/paste still? Tried changing the values as I though you described but I lose the entire HUD except for the lower bank angels it seems. LOST :(

Any chance of a copy/paste still? Tried changing the values as I though you described but I lose the entire HUD except for the lower bank angels it seems. LOST :(

You have changed "51" value by "102" for the two lines? nothing else?

Since I cant tell which to change, (Feeling totally stupid here) Here is the 4 lines, change what has to please so I can see and compare. It's a rough night here :(

addPlaceholder("ILS_Vert_Root", {0, 0}, VelVec_origin.name,{{"Common_IndicatorLandingSystem", 0, 51}})

addStrokeLine("ILS_Vert", 102, {0, 51}, 180, "ILS_Vert_Root")

addPlaceholder("ILS_Hor_Root", {0, 0}, VelVec_origin.name, {{"Common_IndicatorLandingSystem", 1, 51}})

addStrokeLine("ILS_Hor", 102, {-51, 0}, -90, "ILS_Hor_Root")

Thanks, will be greatly appreciated