AIM 54C not firing

Father Cool

I was out on a sortie last night with my squadron when engaging the enemy the aim54C's I was carrying refused to fire. Everyone else in the squadron could fire but I couldn't. I inevitably was destroyed.

I tested the missiles on another mission straight after I logged off and this time worked fine, although the 3 second hold now feels like 10. Having the pheonixs be hit and miss as to whether they are going to launch is very disconcerting when going into battle.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

last week same thing happened to me.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I also notice that now you cannot fire them without a lock on a target. Before you could just loose them off into the ether without issue.

Not that you do in battle I just used to do it to take nice screenshots!

That says to me that some code has changed regarding launching them though.

Edited by Father Cool

I was in TWS, jester RIO no Datalink enviroment, bogies hooked on the TID with IFF and launch assignments designated.

Conditions completely as always previously with no issues launching. In fact as I said you could launch a phoenix without any lock at all previously as I have many times for vanity screenshots.

Example attachedScreen_200117_083203.jpg.b2417143016490693c45116236ffa6ae.jpg

1. Were you in TWS mode?

2. Were you in a data link environment?

3. Did you have (at any time during that flight prior to your attempted missile launch) a human RIO join and leave?

4. Did you have a 'Hot Trigger' light when attempting to fire?

jester locked with stt

trigger hot

master arm on

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

You dont need or desire an stt lock. That informs the bandit of your lock. The WCS targets and prioritises the aim54 launch via TWS data.

Worked fine before.

Edit: thought you were suggesting how to fire. Apologies, yours should have fired too.

Edited by Father Cool

• 1 month later...

Any news on this. I assumed it was fixed after a friend of mine was talking about firing AIM54s however I still have an issue where they don't fire.

The other night I tried firing 4 times, 3 second hold, and nothing. When I let go of the trigger about to give up it fell off the rail and hit the target. What is going on!