VKB Tomcat Grip Entering Production

swither

Ordinarily I would be somewhat impatient. However we should all consider that currently there are millions of people in home quarantine in China, many thousands (at least) infected with Kung Flu / COVID-19, thousands dead. If you've been paying any attention to current affairs the Chinese supply chain is massively impacted. (8 largest ports in China closed, national holidays extended etc). Hence your "toy" might not be ready to deliver yet. Get some perspective.

Edit:

Turns out VKB are saying (this evening) that they are opening orders on 17 Feb. Although they warn of shipping backlogs. It is hard to know what exactly is the situation in China right now. Last news story on this I've seen suggested that >700 million people in China were under quarantine. (Up from c.500 million about a week ago). If true... incredible. But if VKB are suggesting they are back to work tomorrow... who knows?

i checked the last few messages, dont see any there would be relevant to what you are talking about...

but incase you are replying to me

1)don;t know and don't care about what's happening in china (i'm ethnically chinese btw)...

2) i'm merely asking, when can i even put in an order to VKB for the "toy"... the option has been locked out for a while now

3) why the apologist attitude?

if you are not replying to me, we cool then, disregard what i wrote... but pls do direct quotes especially when you are telling people to "get some perspective"

It is easy to white Knight with your keyboard my friend... Especially if you don't live near them and are affected by their nonsensical policies and the general lack of culture of a good number of their people...

From the fact you chose to SELECTIVELY white Knight a part of my first point (which I made on purpose) out of the full context... Instead of acknowledging that you either made the wrong assumption about my initial question or that you were not referring to me... Speaks alot.

Have some perspective man ... White knighting does Jack shit... Especially if you know nuts about the context.

Edited by HAAUK

How do we find our coupon code?

I ordered off the heatblur website, no code from heatblur store or sendowl.

I checked orders page on DCS world site, and it just says "keyless."

Where do we get the coupon key code?

I've been contacted about this as well, and sadly I cannot offer any advice besides what I was told by Skype via one of HB's guys. In essence, that's what they told me:

Heatblur customers, please use the coupon code provided to you by Heatblur (hint: search your inbox (or spam folder) for the sender “sendowl”, by which these codes were sent by HB).

If you've bought the F-14 module recently, it should be in the same email as the F-14 serial key you've received; if you bought the F-14 module before the VKB Grip was released, it was sent to you in a separate email by HB.

If you have any issues finding your coupon code, please email Heatblur support directly at support@hetablur.se

That said, you might want to post about this in HB's forum here so they are aware that some customers cannot find their VKB discount code... the more folks chime in, the more likely HB will reply in a timely fashion.

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Yeah, too difficult. In the end, I'm going to just order the grip and use the resulting discount on another F14 license for my brother. Same savings, less hassle. Thanks for the response. Looking forward to trying this piece of kit out. My only problem will be figuring out what to do with my MCG pro...

I didn't receive a code. I didn't want to wait for resolution either because I don't want to miss out on the first batch. So, I guess I lose $20.

I think it was $10 not 10%, but either way, not a huge deal. You can do what I'm doing and use the module discount instead to gift someone an F14.

Yeah, too difficult. In the end, I'm going to just order the grip and use the resulting discount on another F14 license for my brother. Same savings, less hassle. Thanks for the response. Looking forward to trying this piece of kit out. My only problem will be figuring out what to do with my MCG pro...

On the bright side, at least you get to order :) ... Do enjoy the stick for me as well!

I think it was $10 not 10%, but either way, not a huge deal. You can do what I'm doing and use the module discount instead to gift someone an F14.

After receiving my code, I forwarded it to VKB via the help ticket system and they refunded me the discount within 30 minutes of me sending the ticket. It was 10%, so I saved nearly $20, which will surely go towards a bottle of rum in the near future while I am flying the DCS F-14 Tomcat with my new VKB F-14 grip :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To clarify - please read this:

Discount towards VKB F-14 Grip:

"Customers who purchased the DCS F-14 module from the Heatblur or Eagle Dynamics stores respectively, will receive 10% off of the grip’s retail price during checkout."

Discount towards DCS F-14 Module:

"Customers who purchase a Gunfighter Mk.III ‘F-14 Edition’ or a F-14 Combat Grip (Stand-Alone) without applied discount – and have not yet bought the Heatblur DCS F-14 module – will receive a $10 USD discount towards the DCS F-14 module on Heatblur’s store, courtesy of Heatblur. VKB HQ will email these coupon codes to qualified customers."

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thanks VKB ASIA-PACIFIC for making the TOMCAT-STICK available in ali-express and available for me to order!

and also, if anyone body is going to white knight like milou, i DIDN'T CLAIM MY HEATBLUR DISCOUNT and offered it as a contribution to VKB ASIA-PAC....

don't pay cheap lip-service online, put your money where your mouth is and walk the bloody walk..

"get some perspective" my ass

To clarify - please read this:

Discount towards VKB F-14 Grip:

"Customers who purchased the DCS F-14 module from the Heatblur or Eagle Dynamics stores respectively, will receive 10% off of the grip’s retail price during checkout."

Discount towards DCS F-14 Module:

"Customers who purchase a Gunfighter Mk.III ‘F-14 Edition’ or a F-14 Combat Grip (Stand-Alone) without applied discount – and have not yet bought the Heatblur DCS F-14 module – will receive a $10 USD discount towards the DCS F-14 module on Heatblur’s store, courtesy of Heatblur. VKB HQ will email these coupon codes to qualified customers."

Well, looks like I get shafted on a technicality.

Whatever. I'm sure I will enjoy the grip.

Got the grip today. Love everything about it except one glaring problem. The alignment hole in the bottom isnt arced out like on the MCG, so I cant offset the stick angle for a center mounted stick. Am i missing something? This seems like an oversight.

Got the grip today. Love everything about it except one glaring problem. The alignment hole in the bottom isnt arced out like on the MCG, so I cant offset the stick angle for a center mounted stick. Am i missing something? This seems like an oversight.

This isn't an oversight. It is standard for sticks with a twist axis. The easy fix is to use and extension. The extension can be offset. I prefer the 10 cm straight extension over the curved 20 cm extension as it better replicates the grip position for most aircraft and keeps the grip centered between my knees when the extension is twisted to provide the desired offset. I bought some aluminum pipe with the correct inside/outside diameters to make my own custom length straight extensions, i.e. 12 cm, 15 cm, 17 cm, 20 cm, etc. I can borrow the fittings/wire from the curved 20 cm extension to make any one of these custom lengths work.

I got my grip today, too. I love it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This isn't an oversight. It is standard for sticks with a twist axis. The easy fix is to use and extension. The extension can be offset. I prefer the 10 cm straight extension over the curved 20 cm extension as it better replicates the grip position for most aircraft and keeps the grip centered between my knees when the extension is twisted to provide the desired offset. I bought some aluminum pipe with the correct inside/outside diameters to make my own custom length straight extensions, i.e. 12 cm, 15 cm, 17 cm, 20 cm, etc. I can borrow the fittings/wire from the curved 20 cm extension to make any one of these custom lengths work.

Good to know, might have to pick up an extension myself since I don't need the twist. Mine was estimated to arrive today but that didn't happen - hopefully tomorrow or Saturday.

Rig: i9 10900KF @5.3GHz | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 24GB OC | ASUS Maximus XII Formula | 2x 2TB Intel SSD6 NVMe M.2 | VKB F-14CG on Gunfighter III Base | TM Warthog HOTAS | TM Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

Hangar: FC3 | F-86F | F-4E [Pre-Ordered] | F-5E | F-14A/B | F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | Mirage 2000C | JF-17 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P | MiG-21bis | AJS-37 | AV-8B | L39 | C-101 | A-10C/CII | Yak-52 | P-51D | P-47D | Fw 190 A-8/D-9 | Bf 109 | Spitfire | I-16 | UH-1 Huey

(tried it with the left-handed SCG; doesn't apply to right-handed grips - please disregard)

Edited by rrohde

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I would simply remove the rubber plug from the other hole and then use that newly available alignment hole to offset as you usually would. Locking the twist adapter and tightening the grip fastener, this should work just fine and achieve what you were looking for (this works for the SCG grip as well).

file.php?id=8430&mode=view

Forgive me, dont have it in front of me right now, but the rubber plug I see is on the wrong side for the offset. I didnt take a great pic last night, but is the white dot counterclockwise what you are referring to instead?

Either of those are pretty far from the center position and would be a fairly extreme offset angle especially compared to the MCG allowable offset, which feels just right.

Seems like the straight extension is the only option. Can the straight extension be canted and then linked to the curved extension, with the curved extension being straight relative to the seat (i.e., can the extensions be daisy-chained offset to each other at their interface)?

I would really love for vkb to sell wiring and connectors for us to make our own extensions. The daisy chain 10+20 idea probably wont fit my simpit.

Quite bummed right now that I cant enjoy the new grip until I do some modifications and cut into the grip or the extension I currently have (20cm curved).

• 2 weeks later...

beats doing fk-all mr- perspective but some how made a wrong perception of someone's post..

FYI, 10% off USD 190 is still a sizable amount mate, unless you are dirt rich which kinda explains the shitty white knight liberal attitude.

19USD in china can get you approximately 500-1000masks and 2L of hand sanitizers if you buy from the correct source... or, probably 20L of medical-grade cleaning-alcohol and a dispensing spray if you wanna make it stretch.

Edited by HAAUK