ee lightning?

eatthis

Give over, its a F.53 we want with ground attack ;)

I have the pilot's notes and the operating data and handling manual for the F.53 … T.55 P1A P1B F.1 F.1A F.2 F.3 F.6 T.Mk.4 T.Mk.5 :D

Plus a few others.

:P :pilotfly:

Do the export versions have the datalink and Computer Red though?

Not that datalink was ever used operationally it's still rather cool. I'd LOVE to do a datalinked GCI in DCS

Not that datalink was ever used operationally it's still rather cool. I'd LOVE to do a datalinked GCI in DCS

Well, the mig-23 Lazur data link/GCI system is at least on a very general level "similar" so they might leverage that. Supposedly the mig-23 is supposed to have that per overstratos if they can figure out a way to implement it in DCS.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The Lightning is one of my favourite jets, watching it go vertical at the end of the runway, is a treasured memory... I look forward to this module... do it well lads, do it well

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

After a good bit of reading, all the publications I have say the Data Link was not fitted

or in UK Armed Forces termology Fitted For but not actually Fitted :)

But if it was it should come up on the navigation display, and it may be referenced in one of the as yet still restricted manuals.

Also have very little detail on the Redtop missile, some engagement charts but nothing like gimble slew speed or seeker range or even speed (should be somewhere around 3.5M)

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

I never got to see one fly IRL. Would have loved to.

Was 8 years old when I seen one for the first time, scared the living K**p out of me :D 10 of them starting up and taking off in formation, left a distinct impression on me!

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

After a good bit of reading, all the publications I have say the Data Link was not fitted

or in UK Armed Forces termology Fitted For but not actually Fitted :)

But if it was it should come up on the navigation display, and it may be referenced in one of the as yet still restricted manuals.

Also have very little detail on the Redtop missile, some engagement charts but nothing like gimble slew speed or seeker range or even speed (should be somewhere around 3.5M)

LOFL... Gotta love the MOD... How long has it been out of service now? :megalol:

Either way, its one of my favorite aircraft and should be great fit for the mid cold war era migs we have/will get. Actually I'm really hoping for a decent 70's/80's era plane set coming in the next few years. Mirage F1's, Kfir, A7E, Mig23, Sea Harrier, whatever deka decides to do might fit too. We also need a decent Red Striker, so hopefully someone does a Su-17/22 or Su-25A as well.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Missed one

No, it's there...it's just crooked which is why you didn't see it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

for those who think the lightning couldnt turn

I recall reading that turn performance and agility were on par with the mig21. So pretty good actually.

I would just like for razbam to model the high quality lucas electeical systems they used ;)

I would just like for razbam to model the high quality lucas electeical systems they used ;)

:megalol::megalol::megalol:

That's one of the reasons my first British car was also the last British car I've owned (or ever will own)

Don't get me wrong, it was fun, but a lot of things in my 20s were. Doesn't mean I want to deal with that in my 40s

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

:megalol::megalol::megalol:

That's one of the reasons my first British car was also the last British car I've owned (or ever will own)

Don't get me wrong, it was fun, but a lot of things in my 20s were. Doesn't mean I want to deal with that in my 40s

I loved my Rover... Buuuuut….

I loved my Rover... Buuuuut….

I had a mini Cooper in Germany. The Autobahn was no place for that clown car with tiny dry-rotted tires, but I was young&dumb(crumple zone? *I* am the crumple zone!)

It was small enough I would been better off taking out the driver's seat and driving from the back. As it was, the car would leave me with killer shin pain. Kept me from getting a fiat 500, so I suppose I wished up a little

System:

so now the mig 21 gets a play mate im so going to ad the lightning to my hanger when its out

To be honest, the Mig 19 is the one I'd match up against the lightning. Give it a real run for its money as the 19 has an even better thrust to weight ratio. Although it doenst have the outright performance, in a knife fight that thrust to weight ratio will be a big help!

Have to show my support for DCS:Rocket. I could use some more contempories, at least in AI, for the GCI role, but a late one is quite adaptable.

Mods and scripts make the module work. It has unique... being mach2 and able to intercept a concorde is something interesting but it takes some work from the mission designer.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 3 weeks later...
Have to show my support for DCS:Rocket. I could use some more contempories, at least in AI, for the GCI role, but a late one is quite adaptable.

Mods and scripts make the module work. It has unique... being mach2 and able to intercept a concorde is something interesting but it takes some work from the mission designer.

Hmmm. AI Concorde and an AI U2 necessary! I imagine recreating the U2 intercept and surviving ought to be a challenge.