RS Mapper Release

Avantar

Thanks, Avantar, now it works fine.

I have to check some minor issue I encountered on the F-18's launch bar switch, sometimes it returns to retract position instantly after the extend command is giving. Curious because on 046 it didn't work, on 047 it worked fine and now time to time, but never mind, I will request to ED to made two separate commands, one for extension and other one for retraction,. Thank you very much for your work!!

Antonio

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

Thanks, Avantar, now it works fine.

I have to check some minor issue I encountered on the F-18's launch bar switch, sometimes it returns to retract position instantly after the extend command is giving. Curious because on 046 it didn't work, on 047 it worked fine and now time to time, but never mind, I will request to ED to made two separate commands, one for extension and other one for retraction,. Thank you very much for your work!!

Antonio

I guess I know what this is related to. I will do some tests and update in the future: in the 0.47 default length of a keypress was 60 ms. In 49 it is 50 ms. This 10 ms difference may be a reason why F/A-18 does not always register the button press.

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Perhaps I am misunderstanding something. I have programed the lever on the WH joystick to change profiles. I checked the box "trigger on single press" to have the profile changes to a second profile. I also programed the trigger on release box to change the profile back to my main profile. This works to change the profile, but on release of the lever, it does not go back to my main profile. I also used the trigger on long press, with the same result. How do I get back to my main profile?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Perhaps I am misunderstanding something. I have programed the lever on the WH joystick to change profiles. I checked the box "trigger on single press" to have the profile changes to a second profile. I also programed the trigger on release box to change the profile back to my main profile. This works to change the profile, but on release of the lever, it does not go back to my main profile. I also used the trigger on long press, with the same result. How do I get back to my main profile?

Hi Sobe,

as you described the Mapper works as designed. The moment when you press the lever the profile is changed to the 2nd one. When you release the lever RS Mapper will perform the release action from the 2nd profile, not the original - to go back to the 1st profile you need to map the "on release" action in the 2nd profile telling the mapper to switch to original one - it will work :)

Cheers,

Avantar

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have done all of the above. I use the lever on the WH joystick to change profiles from my standard one to a shifted profile. When I press the lever, it changes to the shifted profile, but when I release the lever, it stays on the shifted profile in the overlay even though the release is supposed to change the profile back to the standard one.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

While waiting for the Axis support to be able to replace my Joy2Key I wanted to ask for another feature maybe?

How about emulating joystick presses with keyboard buttons or combos? I know... is backwards.

Some uses might be... the one I mostly want, ability to map hardwired controllers functions to a keyboard press... like... Oculus controllers buttons? :D I would like to have a combo on my keyboard which I can reach/find faster than the darn oculus controllers to simply turn on passthrough to see what my 3 year old is doing around me. So that would mean a extension to this feature... support for Oculus or any other VR controllers?

Another cool feature would be to have the ability to map either the keyboard combos or a controller buttons to another controller buttons or even an expanded direct input set? If this is even possible.

For example . Ability to map a keyboard button/combo or a button press or long press on my Bu0836X controller to apply short press on the 33 button on the Warthog stick. Yep... it doesn't have 33 buttons but extra virtual buttons might come in handy. Example, Discord has ability to map joystick buttons for Mute, Unmute, toggle VOD etc.... but once a joystick button is mapped to that function ALL the other buttons with same number on the rest of the controllers do same function. So if I have MUTE mapped on my modded throttle to a toggle switch No 7... Mute function toggles when I puss up TMS on Warthog... Not really a joy...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I have done all of the above. I use the lever on the WH joystick to change profiles from my standard one to a shifted profile. When I press the lever, it changes to the shifted profile, but when I release the lever, it stays on the shifted profile in the overlay even though the release is supposed to change the profile back to the standard one.

Can you show me the .RSMapper file your are using?

I've recorded the video how I've done it and.. well: "Strange, it works fine on my PC" :)

Here, take a look:

Edited by Avantar
YT link not working
  • Like 1

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Avantar

A friend of mine gave me the same explanation as you did in your video on how to program the release button when changing profiles. The confusion was caused by user error.

PS. Of course today RS Mapper will not open. Don't know why.

Edited by sobe

Avantar

A friend of mine gave me the same explanation as you did in your video on how to program the release button when changing profiles. The confusion was caused by user error.

PS. Of course today RS Mapper will not open. Don't know why.

I know :) Please download 0.50 - you most likely closed it once minimized and discovered one more bug on my side. 0.50 solves it - it's been published today

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to get source code for this app? Much better would be publishing them on gitHub and protecting by some OpenSource license.

HOTAS Warthog, RTX 2060, 16Gb RAM, 24'' FullHD

RS Mapper update

Hi I am using 0.47 at the moment, the first download I did. Having read the latest posts I'm keen to get the latest 0.50. Only I can't quite workout how to do it. I download it and tried running but it came back with an error. Two line statement with loads of numbers etc. Anyone help please? No rush. Cheers.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,

Hi I am using 0.47 at the moment, the first download I did. Having read the latest posts I'm keen to get the latest 0.50. Only I can't quite workout how to do it. I download it and tried running but it came back with an error. Two line statement with loads of numbers etc. Anyone help please? No rush. Cheers.

Hi there. Can you send me (here or email) what error message do you get?

Also seeing your .RSMapper file would be a help.

Cheers,

Avantar

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it possible to get source code for this app? Much better would be publishing them on gitHub and protecting by some OpenSource license.

Unfortunately no, the RS Mapper is not and will not be an open source application.

Avantar.

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I get this from the log report after clicking install

at RSMapper.MainWindow..ctor()

at RSMapper.Program.Main()

Regards

Les

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,

Avantar, I am really doubting that this is RS Mapper but I am hoping that you have heard of something like it happening. The keystrokes that RS Mapper sends to DCS are not being recognized. I know that they are working because I used them to type in Word so I am confident that keystrokes are going out but for some reason, they are not recognized. Any ideas?

Does not work "DELETE" in "Sequenses Management"!

I can not delete this action !! How delete ?

Key "Delete" is active...press... and nothing!

844666067_SequencesDelete.JPG.42e3af589fd4a50513a210ce5a84a3ca.JPG

Edited by SMN

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

Avantar, I am really doubting that this is RS Mapper but I am hoping that you have heard of something like it happening. The keystrokes that RS Mapper sends to DCS are not being recognized. I know that they are working because I used them to type in Word so I am confident that keystrokes are going out but for some reason, they are not recognized. Any ideas?

What language settings are you using? Keyboard layout / Windows language. And which version of RS Mapper are you using?

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does not work "DELETE" in "Sequenses Management"!

I can not delete this action !! How delete ?

Key "Delete" is active...press... and nothing!

Indeed :) You've found a bug. thanks for reporting, gonna fix it as soon as I can release new version.

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Indeed :) You've found a bug. thanks for reporting, gonna fix it as soon as I can release new version.

:thumbup:

And same problem with "DELETE" sequences...

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

• 2 weeks later...

The keystrokes that RS Mapper sends to DCS are not being recognized. I know that they are working because I used them to type in Word so I am confident that keystrokes are going out but for some reason, they are not recognized. Any ideas?

Seems like I am not the only one having this issue