OPERATION CAGE THE BEAR (F/A-18C HORNET CAMPAIGN)

kaba

Shoot ! I found actually 3 CARGO files, but TacView can not open exactly those two files, which ended up crashing. Any other files before or after those is a go. Probably TacView couldn't even finish or close recording properly due to the very crash? The 3rd is when I aborted mid mission, after realizing, that I can drop bombs in AUTO also after release cue has marched down through the VV. (Bug reported of course.) So it looks like no TacView eigther. Or can you hack .acmi files maybe?

Shoot ! I found actually 3 CARGO files, but TacView can not open exactly those two files, which ended up crashing. Any other files before or after those is a go. Probably TacView couldn't even finish or close recording properly due to the very crash? The 3rd is when I aborted mid mission, after realizing, that I can drop bombs in AUTO also after release cue has marched down through the VV. (Bug reported of course.) So it looks like no TacView eigther. Or can you hack .acmi files maybe?

Yes I've come across tacview being unable to open files after a crash. Don't know of any workarounds I'm afraid.

So - if you can give me as much extra detail as you can, I can look into this from my side.

In the meantime, please do give it a try without your mods as they are the most likely source of issue right now?

UPDATED: Now includes Supercarrier version of the campaign.

Download the update HERE

Select the Supercarrier version of this campaign from your campaign menu to restart fresh on the new carrier

- OR -

Replace your existing missions with those included in the SUPERCARRIER folder to resume your campaign using the updated missions.

Please let me know of any comments, bugs or suggestions!

UPDATED: Now includes Supercarrier version of the campaign.

Download the update HERE

Select the Supercarrier version of this campaign from your campaign menu to restart fresh on the new carrier

- OR -

Replace your existing missions with those included in the SUPERCARRIER folder to resume your campaign using the updated missions.

Please let me know of any comments, bugs or suggestions!

Thank you very much Kaba! Playing this for the first time with the SC!

If i select the super carrier version on the campaign screen it still loads the stennis version on the catapult hot. Had to replace all the mission from the supercarrier folder and then it worked :D

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

Thank you very much Kaba! Playing this for the first time with the SC!

If i select the super carrier version on the campaign screen it still loads the stennis version on the catapult hot. Had to replace all the mission from the supercarrier folder and then it worked :D

Yeah something wrong with the first files I uploaded. Have updated this now - please redownload and give it a try.

Hi Kaba,

I replaced the Stennis version miz files with all the miz files in the Supercarrier folder (not the .cmp file tough!). With the Stennis version, I was stuck at the Cargo mission (crashing), but now when I start it, CTB comes up as inactive campaign. What am I doing wrong?

Hi Kaba,

I replaced the Stennis version miz files with all the miz files in the Supercarrier folder (not the .cmp file tough!). With the Stennis version, I was stuck at the Cargo mission (crashing), but now when I start it, CTB comes up as inactive campaign. What am I doing wrong?

When you say inactive - have you lost your progress? Or do you get an error?

I'm not sure anything is wrong with my logbook.lua eigther, looks like it is ready to continue with CARGO.miz, doesn't it? See spoiler (never mind the wrong folder name in the campaign line, I don't think it plays any role, I was just lazy to change that too when overwriting miz files with the new....

Edited by Razor18

I don't see anything here that makes me think it should be resetting your campaign.

Is the .CMP file in that exact location (the filepath in your logbook) and the exact same name? DCS seems to treat any changes as a new campaign.

And not to assume anything - are you definitely trying to play the right .cmp file?

Sorry, I found the reason. I died. If I corrected every "dead = true" entry to " = false" in the logbook.lua, it came back. Dunno if death entry was due to CTD tough?

Sorry again, thanks for help

Edited by Razor18

Yeah something wrong with the first files I uploaded. Have updated this now - please redownload and give it a try.

all good now with the updated version. Thanks!

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

• 2 weeks later...

I'm halfway through the campaign and I have to say that I'm having a lot of fun, especially the ground attack missions. just one question, why is my wingmate so bad :megalol:?, he is almost always knocked down.

Will there be a second part?

Thks

Yep I’m really enjoying it as well!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Hi guys

There seems to be a recurring crash on CASE II landings when multiple AI are in the stack.

Have you experienced this? If so can you attach your logs to the bug thread I posted here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4377154#post4377154

I'll upload a new version of the campaign without CASE II landings this week to avoid this issue for now.

Hi kaba,

I don't know, whether my crashes in mission CARGO (I mentioned earlier for you) might have anything to do with this maybe?

Hey Razor18 it's very possible. Did you ever submit a bug report and the crash log to Eagle Dynamics? I'm not the best person to be able to help diagnose system crashes I'm afraid.