keep getting compressor stall during startup

Mezsh

I'm pretty new to the Mig-21, I've had no problems doing the startup over the last few days. Today I was on the Cold War server and when I was starting up I kept getting compressor stalls. It happens either during, or just after the engine is spooled up, it must have done it 7 or 8 times to me today, but has never happened on the ground before, and as far as I know, I'm doing the same startup routine that I always do (Chuck's guide). Any ideas what's causing it? and why it started happening just today?

Make sure you switched the inverters on, I had this issue too 2 days ago after getting back into it and initially thought the Inlet Cone was in manual mode for some reason but it just turned out I forgot to switch the Inverters and Battery Heat to on.

• ED Team

For successful startup you need, at the minimum, APU on, PO-750 inverter #1 on, battery on and dispenser pump on. Per RL manual you also need DC generator and nose cone on (as well as fire extinguisher but that's for safety) but it doesn't seem to make difference in sim, in fact you can start up with pump off, just off of whatever's left in fuel lines. What you're experiencing usually happens if inverter #1 is off, as anti-surge doors don't work without it, and in DCS that will always cause compressor stall. All the extra stuff chuck's guide/DCS manual/training mission tells you to turn on is not necessary to start the engine but shouldn't hurt either as long as you have enough battery charge. If it causes you to skip important stuff, then only turn on APU, extinguisher, battery, inverter #1, DC gen and dispenser pump, leave everything else for after engine is on idle.

Edited by m4ti140