BF 109 Prop Pitch

r24

In the most recent OB, when I do a cold start in the BF 109 (auto start or manual start) the PROP PITCH INDICATOR does not change with throttle changes. After take-off and flying for a few minutes the engine will fail due to engine over revving.

Starting in the air or 'runway hot' the prop pitch indicator does change with throttle changes and the prop pitch seems to work as it should.

Sounds like You forgot to turn the prop automation on. In cold start missions the plane spawns with it off. You have to turn it on yourself as part of pre-takeoff checklist (unless you prefer manual prop control during takeoff, as some players do). For some reason the auto-start sequence doesn't switch it on either, hence the prop running in fixed pitch and overrevying if someone forgets about it.

Mind you, that's always how it's been since the module release.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I don't think I had to do that before with the auto start but I will give it a try.

You need to do after the autostart or you will break the engine after few minutes...Is needed to turn on your prop governator (a little black switch) its below the throttle near your left leg. :thumbup:

I don't think I had to do that before with the auto start but I will give it a try.

With cold starts the Bf-109K engine governor defaulted to "manual" as far back as I can remember. In the FW-190A however, it defaults to "automatic".

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

With cold starts the Bf-109K engine governor defaulted to "manual" as far back as I can remember. In the FW-190A however, it defaults to "automatic".

You are right, i mistake it with battery and gen breakers, at ground spawn

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor