SU-25T in "Through the Inferno"

rictshaw

New DCS guy, flying an SU-25T. I've downloaded several user-designed missions, along with the "Through the Inferno" (TTI) campaign. I really like the TTI scenario, and the possibility to call for JTAC assistance and Air Cover; in the SU-25T you really don't want to get into a dogfight with almost anything.

Anyway, according to the TTI documentation I can configure mission spawning and other factors...but I haven't been able to figure this out at all. According to the docs, to change the mission settings, you go into the mission editor and pick the icon for "trigger list", then goto "ACTIONS > DO SCRIPT".

As far as I can tell, there is no mission editor that has a "trigger list" option. I do see a "mission planner", but that has very limited number of icons...none have a "trigger list". If I do the standard "flow" of starting the action, I get a "Choice of Role" screen (where I can choose a mission for the SU-25T), and that immediately offers me a "fly now" button.

What am I doing wrong?

What am I doing wrong?

You're not using Mission Editor :D.

No, but seriously - you indeed have to go to main game menu, launch the Mission Editor from there, then load the chosen mission file and tinker with it as required.

Planner is a different tool, used only for a handful of last-minute basic adjustments after you loaded the mission, but in this case you need to make more thorough editing before doing so.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

What are you trying to do? Havent played TTI in a while but I know using comms ( \ and F keys) will give you options for the mission and it already randomly generates scenarios. Are you sure you need to tinker with triggers?

On pages 1 and 2 of missions and campaigns sub forum there are threads for TTI missions.

Edited by cthulhu68

You're not using Mission Editor :D.

No, but seriously - you indeed have to go to main game menu, launch the Mission Editor from there, then load the chosen mission file and tinker with it as required.

Planner is a different tool, used only for a handful of last-minute basic adjustments after you loaded the mission, but in this case you need to make more thorough editing before doing so.

Thank you! I knew I needed to do something different, but I wasn't sure what. I thought that since this is described as a campaign, I should not use the regular Mission Editor. But I edited the file to provide me with more difficult mixtures of ground targets now.