AI ships don't turn to bring guns to bear?

PoorOldSpike

Is there an order or option to make AI ships automatically turn to bring their guns to bear?

Pic 1- the AI Grisha is steaming merrily straight along the path I gave it in the editor, and launches 2 Geckos at a couple of incoming sea-skimmers, so far so good...

skimm1.jpg

Pic 2- One skimmer is shot down but this other gets through.

So I wish the ship had turned on its own initiative when it spotted the skimmers so that it's rear-mounted Gatling could have got in on the act (sniffle)

skimm2.jpg

Edited by PoorOldSpike

Without quite a bit of scripting (checking and evaluating known targets, hit detection, setting new task/waypoints, etc.), naval vessels will -- unfortunately -- not do do any autonomous maneuvering. One could try and fake it via trigger zones, though.

Edited by Catweedle

Without quite a bit of scripting (checking and evaluating known targets, hit detection, setting new task/waypoints, etc.), naval vessels will -- unfortunately -- not do do any autonomous maneuvering. One could try and fake it via trigger zones, though.

Thanks, i'm too lazy to try that scripting and trigger stuff, so as a workaround I'll only use ships that have got 360-degree CIWS and SAM coverage like this neat Chinese Yantai frigate, so they can engage incoming threats from any angle without having to turn..:)

(PS- the Yantai's SAMS are vertical-launch which gives them 360 capability too)

ciws-front.png

Edited by PoorOldSpike