Shiney Trees when using WMR 60Hz

Quekel

When you set-up the WMR for 60Hz the trees are a little weird, almost to shiney.

Edit: The amount of trees being rendered in each eye is not the same, causing the shiney look. Same for mountains in the distance.

Could ED take a look at that and if possible come with a fix? :megalol::book:

Would make a lot of WMR users happy :)

Edited by Quekel

yes they do look strange at 60Hz. but @ 90Hz they look normal something is up with that..

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Welcome to VR "optimization", I'm gonna guess this isn't a bug, but rather a feature to improve frame rates.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yup! This is correct,

The left eye has more objects at range than the right eye, this is a DCS bug and amplifies the shimmering affect at range...... in fact it just looks weird at extreme tree rendering distance!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

unknown.png

Tried the windows insider update and love it!

Flying in 60Hz as in the same quality in 90Hz

Keep the quality setting on "best visual quality"

If you change it to "Optimise for performance" the objects wont be rendered equally

Flying now on 30FPS "60Hz with motionvector"

Quality can be upped way more this way.

Now lets hope they can make something like ASW 2.0 for less artificats.

Can also confirm this fixed the incorrect render per eye for IL2!

Going to try XP11 after dinner

Love this fix!