Questions from another new guy

Ziptie

Howdy folks.

A couple flights now under my belt in multiplayer, with very little work on my part. A couple things, questions...

1. Seem to get booted, whether it's from an admin or connection - YTBD. Don't get a message, doesn't seem to be after releasing weapons or anything.. Just a little jitter, an hour glass overlaid on the screen and then I am back to the home menu screen.

Don't want to be breaking rules or upsetting anyone, but also would like to fly for more that 5-30 minutes.

2. I clearly am using some kind of "cheat" for the single player missions/campaigns, because there doesn't seem to be a way to "snap lock the TGP or MAV screens to ground targets."

Forgive me if my verbiage isn't correct, and will happily try to clarify if it is not.

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

1) Can happen and does, seems to be either DCS 2.2.x and server OR a long ping time will also do it. The other one that will boot you with frozen screen and hourglass is server side crash.

Welcome to DCS. :D

2) No idea sorry.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

1) Can happen and does, seems to be either DCS 2.2.x and server OR a long ping time will also do it. The other one that will boot you with frozen screen and hourglass is server side crash.

Welcome to DCS. :D

2) No idea sorry.

Good to know, surely many things happening with all the changes on the horizon. :thumbup:

2) In regards to the second part - under the controller options/key binding area, one of the many listings for the A10C is "lock on nearest ground target" - which doesn't function when flying in multiplayer like it does in single player.

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

2) In regards to the second part - under the controller options/key binding area, one of the many listings for the A10C is "lock on nearest ground target" - which doesn't function when flying in multiplayer like it does in single player.

You mean "Auto lock on nearest surface target"? This is a feature in the "A-10C Game" mode only. I think most multiplayer servers enforce the "A-10C Sim" mode instead.

Edited by bolek

As bolek said: They are game "cheats" that can only be used in the so called "game mode" (arcade mode). They are not functions of the A-10C. Realistically, you can't just snap lock your TGP or MAV to ground targets. How should they know where the ground targets are? You have to search for them manually, but you can snap lock your TGP or MAV to each other. So, for example, you found a ground unit with your TGP, you can then snap lock your MAV to the TGP, by making the TGP the Sensor Point of Interest (SPI) and then press China Hat Forward long while the MAV is your Sensor of Interest (SOI).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

As bolek said: They are game "cheats" that can only be used in the so called "game mode" (arcade mode). They are not functions of the A-10C. Realistically, you can't just snap lock your TGP or MAV to ground targets. How should they know where the ground targets are? You have to search for them manually, but you can snap lock your TGP or MAV to each other. So, for example, you found a ground unit with your TGP, you can then snap lock your MAV to the TGP, by making the TGP the Sensor Point of Interest (SPI) and then press China Hat Forward long while the MAV is your Sensor of Interest (SOI).

Yup, that is the way that I was leaning and how it seemed. Much more rewarding and challenging when done the real way.