CVW-11 is now Recruiting !

IceFire

I've been waiting till we have some definite news for the Tomcat and/or Hornet projects to openly advertise. Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven will be openly recruiting starting now for DCS World's carrier borne aircraft. I have 20 years of flight sim experience and leadership of VF-213 in VNAO way back in FC1 and FC2. Most of us have never stopped flying DCS and we have some returners since the naval aviation is about to be a real thing in DCS World, YAY !

Our website is https://www.vcvw-11.com (currently under construction)

We will have for starters VF-213 (yes they flew in the CVW-11 for the tomcat), VMFA-232 for our marine corps brethren, and VFA-154 for the hornet. VF-213 will fly Hornets until the tomcats show up then transition. We will also have a Harrier squadron flying off of the Tarawa that is still TBD as far as which Marine Corps squadron we decide to have.

We will be a realism focused air wing all the way down to the greenie boards and everything in between. We have been doing this a very long time. If this sounds like fun to you please email virtualcvw11@gmail.com No experience required we will train anyone, sim veterans welcome !

Edited by IceFire

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

Hey, one important piece of information you forgot to mention, is the continent / time zone you'll be operating in: are you NA or EU based, or somewhere else?

Personally, I'm interested in joining a EU-based virtual squadron for the F/A-18 / F-14 (One of those 2 will be my main aircraft; which one will depend on a number of factors that can only be judged post-release), that is a bit more serious and flies more often than my current squadron (which is quite casual).

I have been devouring every flight sim between 1995 and 2004, and returned to the genre early 2017.

If you fly during BST/CET-appropriate hours, I'd be interested :)

- Raven -

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Hey Mouse !

Currently we're just flying training and familiarization flights in the F5 but really if you wanted to come join us in the m2000 that doesnt really concern us at all. As long as you plan on getting the Hornet you'd be welcome.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

If this is wrong place to put this sorry I'm looking for one of these on line squadron's that take an teach raw and i mean raw nuggets or to go back to my grunt days FNG to use these birds might this be one

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

Hey IceFire, what times and days/nights will wing training and missions be scheduled?

Thanks!

System specs: WIN 10 64, i7 4790K, ASRock Z97 Extreme6, GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws. SB Live Audio, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pro peds, TIR 5.1 pro clippy thingy, Saitek Eclipse keyboard, Sennheiser headphones & mic

Hey IceFire, what times and days/nights will wing training and missions be scheduled?

Thanks!

We're still working on scheduling since this is the first time we've gone public since 2010. But we will ensure that scheduling will work for everyone.. Training will be scheduled priority since we will all be fairly new to the F18C and F14 when it comes out.

Current training will be done as FAM courses in the F-5 Preferrably and if the Officer Candidate does not have the F5 we can work in generally any aircraft that they currently posess and will require new pilots to sign up and schedule with their instructor to complete the courses.. Things such as basic flight/navigation/formation flight etc All of which are still being written and documentation nailed down.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette