SU-25T CCRP Bombing Issue

gcompc

Hello all, new to DCS being flying and training on Su-25T for about 2 weeks. I’m able to make it through the tutorials and basic missions. My problem to date is the CCRP bombing mode, the diamond pipper will never lock on target, only flash. I’m fine at CCIP bombing with unguided bombs etc. I tried the training tutorial and followed it exactly and the diamond pipper never locks on the target it just flashes quickly with the circle pipper around it. Each run I end up getting so close to the target I end up with what is practically a CCIP run having to dive at the target to keep the pipper on it which results which results in a weapons release and a dive pull out.

I’ve tried cluster type and regular bombs approaching the target from different heights from 1000 to 3000M in almost level flight and the diamond pipper will not lock on the target. I do acquire the target and keep the trigger depressed the whole time with no diamond pipper lock as I’ve seen in the videos. Parameters of height, speed, weapon are being met. What might I be doing wrong?

Thanks for the help :mad:

System: Asrock Extreme 4 MB l i7 7700K OC 5.0GHZ l EVGA GTX 1080ti l 32 GB Crucial DDR4 l Rift S l CH Fighter Stick l CH Pro throttle l CH Rudder Pedals l Modded Suncom SFS Throttle and Talon Stick l Toshiba 1TB HD l Crucial 1TB SSD

and keep the trigger depressed the whole time with no diamond pipper lock as I’ve seen in the videos. Parameters of height, speed, weapon are being met. What might I be doing wrong?

Thanks for the help :mad:

You need to press and hold the trigger.

Just tested and its working fine.

1.Point circle pipper at target

2.Press and hold weapon release (circle turns into diamond marking target)

3.Keeping weapon release held and just level out and fly towards target (circle pipper on top of screen is just used to help keep inline with target diamond)

4.You'll hear audible tone right before bombs drop and then they drop.

If you've already found target with schval you just line up circle bombing pipper over other circle and when you press and hold weapon release you should see diamond inside circle. Continue with steps 3 and 4.

CCRP

Thanks for the help, still same results. When I continue to fly with trigger depressed after acquiring target the flashing diamond pipper just continues past the target. I never get the solid diamond that locks on the target like in the videos for CCRP. I end up diving on the target to keep the target pipper in place just like a CCIP bomb run. Should I get a solid little diamond on the target when it locks? I shouldn't have to use the TV or laser, correct?

Thanks

System: Asrock Extreme 4 MB l i7 7700K OC 5.0GHZ l EVGA GTX 1080ti l 32 GB Crucial DDR4 l Rift S l CH Fighter Stick l CH Pro throttle l CH Rudder Pedals l Modded Suncom SFS Throttle and Talon Stick l Toshiba 1TB HD l Crucial 1TB SSD

Will go through settings, stick is SunCom Talon and SFS with the FUSBA USB conversion been working like a charm for all my flight sims. Maybe something with bounding I hope, will take a look will take a look and report back.

Thanks

Have you tried just using Space bar for weapon release? Try that too.

Does cannon work OK? Set cut of burst to full auto and see if it continues firing normally. Just trying to figure out if button is going on/off instead of on constant.

Edited by cthulhu68

The diamond will only appear 'locked' on the target as long as a) you keep the button depressed and b) the target stays within the limits of the HUD.

As you near the target the diamond will reach the bottom of the HUD, acquire a cross going through it and no longer seem to track the target....this is normal....just keep the button held down and keep the circle on top of the thingy.

e: quick vid

Edited by Lixma 06

Problem resolved, it does work with using only space bar. My trigger is bound to the fire command for weapons and works fine for everything except this. I can achieve what the video is showing using the space bar. Don't know why trigger won't work, need to try it in regular mode and not the training scenario. I'll figure it out from here.

Thanks to everyone for the help this is a great community. I've looked at DCS for a few years but never had the PC power, now that I do I have to say of all the flight sims I have from past to current this is the best! I think I spend way too much time in it. I have the Oculus rift and VR is fantastic! However I do still fly with a monitor and TrackIR occasionally. Just site seeing in the game is enough to squeeze in some time everyday just flying and "chillin", great therapy, permanently hooked!

Thanks to all! :thumbup: