First look

Gavski1

I just got this module and I am also having some problems.

Intermittent poor frame rates. I can run MIG21Bis with no problems.

Bit disapointed with cockpit resolutions - they don't look as sharp as most other modules I have. Will these be improved?

I know a PFM is due out, any idea when?

It's a nice easy plane to fly, I got it mostly to practice modern navigatin systems and the TACAN/VOR ILS are easy to use and work well.

Could be v good but does need some work.

System -

Intel i5 2400

Radeon HD 7870

16GB DDR3

some Asus mobo or other?

FC3, F86 Sabre, Mig 21Bis, A10C, C-101, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A18-C Hornet, UH1-H Huey, AV8-N/A Harrier, Mirage 2000c, Spitfire MKix, Me BF109 K-4, Tornado GR4 (one day).

Bit disapointed with cockpit resolutions - they don't look as sharp as most other modules I have. Will these be improved?
Fair enough but I never quite understand when people say this. I think the cockpit is beautiful and having never even heard of the C-101 before, the cockpit was really what drew me in.

C-101 has probably one of the best looking cockpits in DCS along with MiG-21. Part of the reason they both have slower framerates than most in mid spec systems.

Having high standarts are nice, really nice, but... well I personally find community to be a bit overreacting on cockpits. Reluctant to say this since it may fuel some fire but, I think even the outcry against original Hawk 'pit was overreaction since, while it may not be as sharp as some others, it was still good in my opinion.

If there really was a horrible, or even bad cockpit in DCS, I'd be among first to point it out, but I among the modules I have (all but MiG-15), only old MiG-29 cockpits borderline somewhere around "decent" and "subpar". All others, in my opinion, range from nice to awesome.

Perhaps, one may also need to consider that, prettier pits = usually a bit less frames on most computers.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Could be v good but does need some work.

Yeah... that is why it is beta...

But if you don't like the C101 cockpit, you should defenitly NOT buy the Hawk. It is worse. Sure that one is also Beta, but the C101 is really very much more finished then that. And when the C-101CC version comes out, it will be the very best subsonic jet in DCS. I mean SIX hardpoints AND an internal weapons bay... :thumbup:

And it gets to shoot guided anti-ship missiles as well.

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

I do like the cockpit, it's functionality is second to none and it's really enjoyable to fly, the instrument detail just does not seem as sharp as F86, A10-C or Mig21 All of which I fly without even a hint of fps drop, even with my mid range system.

Feedback is always good on a beta, that's what it's there for, and I'm not the first poster to raise these points.

Didn't mean it to be a negative post, sure I will enjoy the C-101 immensley and can't wait for the CC and pfm.

I don't raly fly any other sim's as DCS is way ahead of anything else out there.

FC3, F86 Sabre, Mig 21Bis, A10C, C-101, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A18-C Hornet, UH1-H Huey, AV8-N/A Harrier, Mirage 2000c, Spitfire MKix, Me BF109 K-4, Tornado GR4 (one day).

• 4 weeks later...

Once the SFM is gone and the rest of the functionality is there (radios working and all the stuff in the CC of course) this will be a most impressive module. I like the cockpit a lot, and the small stuff that helps immersion like the GPU, the chocks, the pilot putting his helmet aside and so on.

Stuff that makes me ask: "why won't others do that as well?"

If there really was a horrible, or even bad cockpit in DCS, I'd be among first to point it out, but I among the modules I have (all but MiG-15), only old MiG-29 cockpits borderline somewhere around "decent" and "subpar".

Mig29 cockpits are done before 2003 and some textures are modded by Ricardo and I think are now included by default but the basic no 6DoF layout is from that era. I say this because I see you joined in 2014 and maybe you are unaware of the complete line of ED products and how they came to be. Maybe you play from more than a couple of years but... I can't know that :D .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least