What a great module

bart86pl

Picked it up on sale today. First flight was amazing! Dunno if i did something wrong, but 2 circuit breakers tripped midflight. Knowing this isn't uncommon IRL, this was a cool experience. Really adds to the immersion

I just picked it up in the sale as well. Money is tight, so I was a little hesitant to spend 60 bucks and decided I'd pick it up during the next sale

What a joy to fly and an absolutely gorgeous cockpit! Just hopped into the free flight instant mission and spent a nice long flight fiddling around with all the systems. Very much looking forward to the future development and flying it a lot more!

Edited by TaxmanTom

Have to admit the C101 surprised me as well, and is certainly underrated. Started thinking about getting it this week, and suddenly there was a flash sale, so I just had to grab it.

The passion they put into this really shines through in all the little details. (Pilot removing helmet, chocks & ladder, rudder vibration etc)

I am now seriously excited for the CC variant, and will be keeping an eye on Aviodev in the future!

I couldn't agree more. I have had the C-101 for awhile now and truly enjoy it. Good for ILS, IFR navigation and pure fun to fly from take off to landing. After a couple bugs, and a few more key options are fixed and finished this A/C will certainly be in the books as a great DCS module!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bought it on flash sale and to be honest it's not great. The cockpit looks good but stutters for some reason whenever i look up , the ATC menu doesn't work (in a trainer where there is almost nothing to do not having ATC is very noticeable.) and the flight model... well, you know. Oh , and i need to make a seperate trackir profile just for this because my DCS profile handles completely differently compared to other modules :/

When it gets AFM and the bugs get fixed this will be nice to fly , right now not so much. Had a fun 30 minute-ish flight after learning to start her up but i see no reason to keep flying right now.

• Like 1

I don't know why it would stutter for you, it ran fine on my old midrange system (3.1-3.3Ghz core i5, gtx 760).

Some people mentioned having low FPS when using the red cockpit lights.

I don't know either , it's just one of those things. A lot of people say the mig 21 runs poorly for them compared to other aircraft but in my game it runs fine. I don't know why.

Anyway the cockpit stuttering when looking up is only a very small thing , the biggest thing is the no radio functionality and the flight model.

I can understand why it has SFM , they said they would release AFM later and i was well aware when i bought this , but it's the other bugs that i wasn't expecting that impacted my enjoyment.

I'm sure it will be good once it's finished , but right now i can't recommend it.

I don't know either , it's just one of those things. A lot of people say the mig 21 runs poorly for them compared to other aircraft but in my game it runs fine. I don't know why.

Anyway the cockpit stuttering when looking up is only a very small thing , the biggest thing is the no radio functionality and the flight model.

I can understand why it has SFM , they said they would release AFM later and i was well aware when i bought this , but it's the other bugs that i wasn't expecting that impacted my enjoyment.

I'm sure it will be good once it's finished , but right now i can't recommend it.

I've had the exact opposite experience for what it's worth to anybody looking to buy a trainer/light attack. Even without weapon capability atm I find the 101 much more enjoyable than the HAWK (only other option right now). The cockpit looks wonderful and it feels like home to me. Although I do wish it was in english :)

McBlemmen, it sounds like some weird stuff is going on with your settings. I'm curious what would make the 21 perform great and the 101 to fail for you. Very strange.

Also, just curious, why is ATC so important to you in DCS? It doesn't do anything...not like it's going to give you a PAR or something. I'm not saying it shouldn't work in the jet, just curious. If I had to guess, I'd say they're waiting for 2.0 since the ATC system is going to change a lot.