Weird Airspeed Issue

Goose12

I have been playing around with the Mirage 2000 and was at FL500 the other day going mach 2.3.

Today I wanted to do the same thing and could only get to mach .097 at FL500 despite throttle being in the same position.

Any reason this might be happening.

Same exact loadout.

When I told my AI wingmen to engage bandits they immediately broke our formation and accelerated to a speed I could not achieve.

TIA

Hello,

Beware, IRL the "performance hole" at transsonic speed is only a fly by wire limitation, not an engine thrust\drag ratio issue.

Which means that you are able to go through these speeds in level flight without difficulty.

IRL the most touchy part is on the contrary deceleration : you are not allowed to go below 100% (i.e. max power without AB) until Mach 1.x otherwise you might deteriorate your engine.

M2000 is a beast for high speed, especially without fuel tanks...

IRL the most touchy part is on the contrary deceleration : you are not allowed to go below 100% (i.e. max power without AB) until Mach 1.x otherwise you might deteriorate your engine.

Is that not handled automatically by CALC? The F-14 has similar restrictions but the engines will automatically maintain mil power when throttles are cut and speed is too high.

It is possible to go supersonic on level flight depending on the altitude, but it is quite ineficient. When accelerating through the transonic region, unload to between zero and +1/2 'g' and use max A/B. Manoeuvre as required once above M1.1 to M1.2

On Mirage III it is forbidden to reduce the engine power at M > 1.6, but is it the same on M2000?