JF-17 cannot engage ground units with AKG?

D4n

Hi in this .miz the JF-17 won't launch AKG on HAWK SAM.

JF17 not attacking designated unit with AKG.miz

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

yes, I even attached both other pods that are available... but the pilot probably is like "omg so many pods" overlooooad! ^^

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

No?? It's Ai...

No?? It's Ai...

Well yeah until AI pilots support MITL weapons that’ll be possible but not right now. It doesn’t have an option like Walleye where it acts like a Maverick, so until SLAM-ER it’s a human player only weapon. That’s all on ED, and when they release SLAM-ER it will probably happen.

For now you can probably have the AI fire for you and guide with the pod yourself, just non existent feature yet to be included

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Ah okay, (because I wanted to test whether HAWK and SA-6 SAMs are able to take out the AKG, and if so under which SAM settings).

ok.

Can somebody please test which DCS SAMs engage AKG, and if they miss AKG if you manually fly the AKG very very low over ground? (and at which Ai-"difficulty" setting maybe?)

Can somebody please test which DCS SAMs engage AKG, and if they miss AKG if you manually fly the AKG very very low over ground? (and at which Ai-"difficulty" setting maybe?)

none. it makes the JF-17 the best SEAD platform in game.

none. it makes the JF-17 the best SEAD platform in game.

:megalol: :D

AKG is not an airplane, it's not easy to control it maintaining a very low altitude through pod.

And the noise at low altitude is greatly increased thus downgrade the image quality back to the pod. (Modeled)

If U want to penetrate the SAM net through very low altitude, U could miss your target in most case(can't find the target).

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

AKG is not an airplane, it's not easy to control it maintaining a very low altitude through pod.

And the noise at low altitude is greatly increased thus downgrade the image quality back to the pod. (Modeled)

If U want to penetrate the SAM net through very low altitude, U could miss your target in most case(can't find the target).

Ok I didn't notice the noise during the 2 days, maybe I didn't fly low enough to notice it.

Btw it would be very very useful if AKG-pitch-angle would be displayed on the display during manual control, that would help to climb in it by for example 85° for like 20 seconds (= ~6000m altitude) and then pitch down again and search for target. ^^ But if AKG doesn't have this feature IRL then ofc. understandable to not have it in DCS.

Btw I noticed an issue with AKG flight-model during those 2 free days: when diving by nearly 45°, AKG won't go faster than when climbing by ~45°, although I'm sure gravity would have an effect on such a massive pitch difference. (sadly I can't reproduce for you as I don't own JF-17 yet)

Ok I didn't notice the noise during the 2 days, maybe I didn't fly low enough to notice it.

Btw it would be very very useful if AKG-pitch-angle would be displayed on the display during manual control, that would help to climb in it by for example 85° for like 20 seconds (= ~6000m altitude) and then pitch down again and search for target. ^^ But if AKG doesn't have this feature IRL then ofc. understandable to not have it in DCS.

Btw I noticed an issue with AKG flight-model during those 2 free days: when diving by nearly 45°, AKG won't go faster than when climbing by ~45°, although I'm sure gravity would have an effect on such a massive pitch difference. (sadly I can't reproduce for you as I don't own JF-17 yet)

If U exceed 60° cone of the tail, your missile will lost the link to the pod thus lose control and fly into ground or space.:smilewink: So a hard pitch up and pitch down may not work on AKG.

The missile is a quite basic MIL weapon, as U can see the SPI is not displayed in terminal like some modern MIL cruise missile. And it does not have full protection like an plane, in RL some pilots even stall the missile with bad control input.

In the game, ASM FM model is not that complex like the AAM AFM, so with the drag decrease at high altitude, the missile even speed up. But again, it's an air to surface missile,will not involve the PVP part,so the simplifed model can decrease the workload of CPU thus give more FPS, game need balance from reality.

What units engage the LD10? Cause I haven't seen any engage it yet

As was pointed out from a previous post the LD10 has the same RCS as the SD10 AA missile.

I believe SA-19, might have to check. I was able to hit a Tor without being fired on. It was invnulnerable for a while but now it seems to be detectable.

If you test I would love to see the results, try to shoot from far away becuase I think it’s very fast speed and low RCS is making some things not be able to shoot in time

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I believe SA-19, might have to check. I was able to hit a Tor without being fired on. It was invnulnerable for a while but now it seems to be detectable.

If you test I would love to see the results, try to shoot from far away becuase I think it’s very fast speed and low RCS is making some things not be able to shoot in time

SA-19?? they don't intercept missiles. SA10 TOR avenger and patriots do. none will engage the LD10

[...] But again, it's an air to surface missile,will not involve the PVP part,so the simplifed model can decrease the workload of CPU thus give more FPS, game need balance from reality.

What do you mean by "will not involve the PVP part" ?

And with 6-to 8-core CPUs (with more than 12 threads) nowadays, why decrease workload? Or can't AKG FM run on a CPU core that is barely in use in DCS? We want DCS to be a realistic experience :noexpression:

What do you mean by "will not involve the PVP part" ?

And with 6-to 8-core CPUs (with more than 12 threads) nowadays, why decrease workload? Or can't AKG FM run on a CPU core that is barely in use in DCS? We want DCS to be a realistic experience :noexpression:

If you have noticed, your DCS can only use 1-1.5 cores, no matter U have 6-8 cores or not.

1-1.5? From my test just now it seems like only 2 threads / 1 core is really unused (red). Yes one (lower right) core is heavily used. But several others also (although not as much). DCS-usage.jpg

1-1.5? From my test just now it seems like only 2 threads / 1 core is really unused (red). Yes one (lower right) core is heavily used. But several others also (although not as much). DCS-usage.jpg

thats because OS keeps scheduling the DCS main thread across the cores for cooling purposes.

DCS is a single-threaded program, with the exception of I/O and possibly audio. It doesnt utilize all your cores. Physics, AI, scripting, rendering all run in the same thread.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580