[Old] FAQ Eurofighter Typhoon - Guided Discussion

DashTrueGrit

Hi guys!

My name is Jan (Dash), and I am the Community Manager for TrueGrit Virtual Technologies.

We are very proud to announce the Eurofighter Typhoon for DCS today, exactly 26 years after its maiden flight at Manching, Germany.

I have prepared some FAQ`s which I will post today.

However, if you have any other questions, feel free to post them below the FAQ sheet and I will do my best to get back to all of you as quickly as possible.

Also, check us out on Instagram (@truegrit_official), where I will also keep you updated on our progress.

Frequently asked Questions

What is TrueGrit Virtual Technologies?

TrueGrit Virtual Technologies is a young company created by former Eurofighter Pilots, Designers, Artists and Programmers, who all came together with one goal and one goal only:

To bring to you the most modern, sophisticated and agile fighter jet yet to conquer the skies of DCS world.

With our combined expertise in the various fields we always find ways to make the impossible a reality.

When will you release the mighty Eurofighter Typhoon?

Our team is working tirelessly to bring this sophisticated and modern fighter jet to you as quickly as possible. However, as our main goal is to create a Eurofighter Typhoon that exceeds your expectations and is a worthy replication of this mostly classified and active war machine, it will take some time. We have just started programming and designing.

Since I know, that most of you are just as excited as we are to finally fly the Eurofighter Typhoon in DCS for the first time, I will regularly keep you informed about our progress.

What Tranche/Nationality can we expect?

We are in constant communication with the “NETMA” and our licensor “Eurofighter Jagdflugzeug GmbH” in order to bring you the most current version of the Eurofighter possible, without violating classified information. I know a lot of you are eager to get information on the version we are bringing to DCS. I am sorry, that at this stage we won't be able to answer any questions concerning the tranche, software or block. Rest assured that once we can say more, we will!

As you might already have guessed from the published pictures and our company’s German background, we will create a German version of the Eurofighter Typhoon to start out. This version will only make the introduction to DCS as we will continue to bring more and more nationalities and capabilities to you over time.

Where do you get the data necessary for programming the Eurofighter Typhoon?

We made a huge effort over the past year, to gather all publicly available data and will continue to do so until we are satisfied with the final result.

How much will the Eurofighter Typhoon module cost?

We will launch the Typhoon in the class of “Epic Modules”. Expect the price in the same range.

Will the Eurofighter Typhoon include HMD, A/G, Iris-T, Meteor, Pirate, DVI, ASRAAM, LGB, ECR, JDAM, HARM, Lightning POD, AESA Radar?

We are working hard to include all capabilities of all different Typhoon nations. However, please keep in mind that there is a limit to what we can display with only using publicly available data. Therefore I hope you understand, that all questions concerning the specific capabilities can't be answered at this point.

Multicrew?

The Eurofighter Typhoon is a single seat fighter by nature. The double seat version is a trainer which only uses a repeater cockpit. There is no benefit for a double seater, because up to now there is no multi crew concept.

Will there be early access available?

We will be in close coordination with Eagle Dynamics regarding the release stage and date.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post them! I will try. my best to get back to all of you.

Dash

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Will we have HMD and ag capability?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Wish you the best, and will certainly purchase your aircraft when it finally arrives to ED's Store. :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I guess that depends heavily on which tranche they can do. Iirc even the tranche 1 block 5 EFs have HMDs though

It should also have vocal assistant

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

It's difficult for us consumers to know what is classified, widely known but the engineering is secret, against permission, breaches trademarks/licensing and so on. If i recall, there was a long post on difficulties another 3rd party had and they had settled on a much earlier, mainly air to air variant. I think it's fair to ask what is off the table for sure, as soon as you can say, and what the module aims to replicate in terms of tranche and block and weapons. Because there was a lot of this type of discussion going on for years and people got quite uptight that X feature wasn't on X aircraft. And these are difficult discussions to have, someone will always be disappointed!

Especially around Helmets iirc. Like what helmet might we get? Striker II?

. That stuff gets people excited.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Great News, but i think we have to wait Years for the Final release now.

My order will be save

@ micsmotionsimulator

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Good afternoon, First Thankyou for bringing this Aircraft to DCS its a dream come true.

You mentioned "This version will only make the introduction to DCS as we will continue to bring more and more nationalities and capabilities to you over time"

Does this mean we will see weapons like the Iconic ASRAAM used on RAF Typhoons? And potentially an IRST?

Thankyou and have a great weekend.

Edited by Miasma
typo