Radar antenna elevation a little too sensitive

So when I press the keys for antenna up or down the highest and the lowest scanned altitudes change very quick which makes minor adjustments hard. Is there any way to make the controlls a little more sensitive?

Ka 50 - MIG 21 - FW 190 D9 - SU 27 - F15 - F 16

Antenna elevation by binary (e.g. keyboard) input is not affected by expand option.

As far as I know... no. Any change of how rapidly the axis-type value changes based on binary input if it's possible at all would have to be done semi-deep in the game's script files.

{combos = {{key = '='}},                            pressed = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_ANT_ELEV_UP,                                                        cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS,    value_pressed =  1.0,                    name = _('ANT ELEV Knob - CW'),                                            category = {_('Throttle Grip'), _('HOTAS')}},
{combos = {{key = '-'}},                            pressed = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_ANT_ELEV_DOWN,                                                    cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS,    value_pressed = -1.0,                    name = _('ANT ELEV Knob - CCW'),                                        category = {_('Throttle Grip'), _('HOTAS')}},

You could try changing the 1.0 -1.0 values to smaller amounts but I have no idea if that would work (mods\aircraft\F-16C\Input\F-16\keyboard\default.lua).

There might be some other file that determines how fast the knob axis value changes when subjected to the "CW" or "CCW" inputs but I don't know where you'd find it.

Personally I'd like an accelerating input so I could do large and small changes. If you happen to be using a scriptable joystick (which any device is if you use a 3rd party program) you could bind the two buttons to virtual axis movements and then you'd have control over how much axis movement per unit time those buttons commanded.

• Like 1

Antenna elevation by binary (e.g. keyboard) input is not affected by expand option.

As far as I know... no. Any change of how rapidly the axis-type value changes based on binary input if it's possible at all would have to be done semi-deep in the game's script files.

{combos = {{key = '='}},                            pressed = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_ANT_ELEV_UP,                                                        cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS,    value_pressed =  1.0,                    name = _('ANT ELEV Knob - CW'),                                            category = {_('Throttle Grip'), _('HOTAS')}},
{combos = {{key = '-'}},                            pressed = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_ANT_ELEV_DOWN,                                                    cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS,    value_pressed = -1.0,                    name = _('ANT ELEV Knob - CCW'),                                        category = {_('Throttle Grip'), _('HOTAS')}},

You could try changing the 1.0 -1.0 values to smaller amounts but I have no idea if that would work (mods\aircraft\F-16C\Input\F-16\keyboard\default.lua).

There might be some other file that determines how fast the knob axis value changes when subjected to the "CW" or "CCW" inputs but I don't know where you'd find it.

Personally I'd like an accelerating input so I could do large and small changes. If you happen to be using a scriptable joystick (which any device is if you use a 3rd party program) you could bind the two buttons to virtual axis movements and then you'd have control over how much axis movement per unit time those buttons commanded.

Yes, this works. I've set the values to 0.1 personally, which is both precise and fast enough for me.

It also works for the lua files in the joystick folder (I've bound it to the POV1 on my WH throttle), where the same lines are found. Be advised that you might have to re-bind the antenna elevation controls in-game after changing these files.

Edited by Bonzo0181
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am using the rotary axis and simply built in a curve.... YMMV

Oh, ofc! Mapped to my rotary dial on my throttle and always think it is a bit too sensitive around the middle - never thought of curves, only use those for flight controls lol. Doh, ta.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can also try unmapoing the rotary...saving it...the. Remapping it. I find sometime if my hardware gets twitchy this fixes it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 3 years later...