Some comments on the module

frumpy

Hi there,

nice module, I did a testride today. I did not read the handbook, I just noticed a few things that caught my eye. May be a misunderstanding on my side, a bug or a feature -I don't know and here we go! :)

1) The breathing sound in hard turns loops&cracks

2) When trying to stall at 90° pitch, the "AOA" and "speed" callouts are almost simultaneously. I think they should be ordered, so "AOA" is more important than "speed" or vice versa.

3) Altitude readouts for radar and barometric are per single feet. I believe it should be in 10' or 20' steps. Radar altimeter should also get more coarse with increasing alt.

4) Radar altimeter works until 45° bank and then quits. Depending on aircraft, radar altimeters work reliable to about 30° bank and then measure the slant distance. I think the formula is like sin((bank-30)*2)*RA + RA to estimate the slant distance above 30° bank

5) vertical speed in the HUD is sometimes -0 and sometimes +0

6) Pitch on the HUD is the "+"-sign, and on the PFD the top of the "w"? Not sure, if I read it right. The pitch differs by about 2.5° in my opinion.

7) In real life, a standard 360° turn takes two minutes. Bank is about (speed/10)+7, so a 30° bank at 230 kts should take 2 minutes. With these numbers, I measured 2:26 on the first run.

Also 2 graphical things:

The lighted buttons on the top right of the dashboard are hard to read if I don't zoom in. Perhaps a bolder font would help.

The indicators for the gear are somewhat plain, some gloom would be nice :)

Besides mentioning so many small things, let me say that this is really an interesting module with a lot of potential. Thank you!

Edited by frumpy

Which video of the simulator? This video of a JF-17 simulator shows it goes to every single digit of the altimeter, go to the 1 minute mark to see, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 they are all there

. So if there’s a video of a simulator that shows different behavior, I would love to see it, the refresh rate might be slow but it’s a precise reading every time. Does not mean it is actually precise to the foot, but that’s what the computer calculates, I’m sure there is more then 1 foot of error at higher altitudes, but doesn’t mean it can’t give you a precise number

You have secondary data from the GPS, also from the INS, and would it be so much for a modern computer to use VVI derived from GPS/INS as well as barometer to get a precise altitude?

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg