RWR not working?

WelshZeCorgi

Hi, is anyone getting a buggy rwr that sometimes warns you of a fox-1 and sometimes doesn't? I was playing against the AI, he launches a r-27er, I get the launch warning, I launch my own missile, crank right, the rwr stops beeping cause the su-27 is now in the blindspot below the aircraft, I level out, and the rwr is silent. He is slightly high, 10 o'clock and about 15 miles so he should be in the rwr's field, I turn in, thinking that I'm naked, but I get hit with an ER a few seconds later.

I double checked it in tacview.

I did hear that the rwr doesn't warn you of R-77s? Maybe this is sort of in the same vein, bug wise?

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone chime in on their experiences with the rwr? I had a fellow dcs player that experienced something similar, where the rwr gave an inital warning of a fox 1 launch but stopped a few seconds in, thinking they were in the clear, they started leveling out and continuing on their mission but were shot down seconds later without warning.

He kept the contact on his left wingtip when he was going defensive so the enemy was not in the rwr blindspots. He should have continued getting spike warnings.

Edited by WelshZeCorgi

I had a similar situation against a Mig-31. Got a launch warning first, cranked, then the rwr was silent and I got hit a few seconds later. I'm not sure if this is a bug or some intended unreliability of the rwr. Buttom line, always assume you are being fired upon unless you know the bandit turned cold.

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

• 4 weeks later...

Yes this is an issue with Fox-1s in general. Been a bug for two patches now.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII