Inoperative TM WH Throttle Button #15 fix

Backy 51

FYI TM WH Throttle owners,

Had an interesting issue with my throttle button #15 (red button on left throttle lever). I could not get it to assign within the controls section of the F-18 Sim area. I was trying to assign it to the ATC function. The interesting thing was that when I tried to map button #15 I was not getting a conflict message saying that button #15 was already assigned to another key map.

I was able to verify the hardware/electrical integrity of button #15 via Windows 10 Control Panel as the test light for 15 lit up with no problem. It turns out that an outdated Oculus Rift mapping was reserving the button #15 slot, but not generating a conflict error in controls or showing up when I made an HTML of the WH Throttle assignments. I deleted the Oculus Rift key map and use of the Button #15 was restored for use in other key assignments.

Lesson learned: If Windows Control Panel joystick/throttle testing shows a button/switch working, the problem is a software/lua setting issue back in one of your aircraft modules. FYI - Check the UI Layer section under Options to correct/delete the Oculus Rift key map.

Edited by Backy 51

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FYI TM WH Throttle owners,

I deleted the Oculus Rift key map and use of the Button #15 was restored for use in other key assignments.

I have been having the exact same issue with Button #15 not working. Can you tell me where the OCulus Rift keymap file was located?

Thanks.

I have been having the exact same issue with Button #15 not working. Can you tell me where the OCulus Rift keymap file was located?

Thanks.

Look under "UI Layer" section. It is at the bottom of the Options pull-down menu.

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]