Problems with Saitek X52 and Windows 8.1

Hi all,

Newly registered and struggling to type through the hair that I've been pulling out.

I'm running Win 8.1 64Bit and I just can't seem to get my X52 (non pro) to work, I plug it in, it powers on for a few seconds and then powers off entirely.

The IT Tech in me (my day job), recognizes this as likely a driver issue, and indeed checking device manager I see a yellow ! on "Programmable Root Enumerator" which has the details as being a Mad Catz driver.

The device status is: This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.

Trying a scan for hardware changes on right click within device manager powers the device back up again for a few seconds, so I'm pretty convinced it isn't a hardware failure.

Looking for any and all assistance with this, I'm slowly going mental here! :joystick:

Thanks All

Brrrrt

You share no information of what your system looks like but have you tried to enter computer BIOS and change your USB ports to only support USB 2? Or if you have both USB 3 and USB 2 make sure the X52 is connected to a USB 2 port?

Thanks for the replies, in the past I just used the X52 Pro drivers and it worked just fine on my previous Win8 machine.

HiJack: My device has been plugged in to every USB port I have, USB2 and 3 ports, headed ports and back panel ports.

If it's of any help, looking at the ! device in device manager, the event details read that SaiNtBus has the following:

Device ROOT\PROGRAMMING_SUPPORT\0001 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem15.inf

Class Guid: {678DCF40-E2E6-11D5-8CD5-E960089EA00A}

Service: SaiNtBus

Lower Filters:

Upper Filters:

Problem: 0x1F

Brrrrt

Yea, saitek is a b i t c h until you got it working. Well, I have X52 drivers for Windows 7 but that may not work on Windows 8.1 either. Have you tried to download the drivers again? It may be something wrong with your downloaded packaged files.

O.P. Hopefully this can help.

you'll have to do a regedit. Windows 8.1 is powering off the USB devices. It's in it's new power management. See this thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=115816&highlight=windows+usb

I have Windows 8.1, and have the Saitek X52, combat rudders, and the Cougar MFD's. I had to make the Windows 8.1 regedit, to stop the O/S from what it thought was inactive USB devices, and thus powering them off.

It's working like a champ on my Win 8.1 system. No more flickers!

there's also a sequence to install the Saitek stuff. Install drivers, plug in equipment, then install the programming software. Something like that, (a quick search here will show that).

Edited by javelina1
  • Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Yea, saitek is a b i t c h until you got it working. Well, I have X52 drivers for Windows 7 but that may not work on Windows 8.1 either. Have you tried to download the drivers again? It may be something wrong with your downloaded packaged files.

As a data point, I downloaded whatever were the current drivers (64bit), and they installed fine on my Win 8.1.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Hey Jarvelina,

Thanks for your input, was very useful, I've now got my X52 powered and staying on, however I've run (predictably) into another issue, when running the driver installer it prompts to plug in the device, which it doesn't detect, leaving me stuck and unable to proceed.

Any more advise??

***EDIT***

OK! A bit more googling around and I found that it's a simple case of the SAITEK website sucking pretty hard and only offering the X52 PRO driver from the main drop down, the X52 non pro has to be selected from the Joysticks category drop down. Go figure.

Thanks a lot everyone for your input, I think this might well be solved.

Edited by KamiraHusky
Googled!
  • Like 1

Brrrrt

Hey Jarvelina,

Thanks for your input, was very useful, I've now got my X52 powered and staying on, however I've run (predictably) into another issue, when running the driver installer it prompts to plug in the device, which it doesn't detect, leaving me stuck and unable to proceed.

Any more advise??

***EDIT***

OK! A bit more googling around and I found that it's a simple case of the SAITEK website sucking pretty hard and only offering the X52 PRO driver from the main drop down, the X52 non pro has to be selected from the Joysticks category drop down. Go figure.

Thanks a lot everyone for your input, I think this might well be solved.

great news! good to hear you got things squared away. This forum has been awesome, and a lot of helpful folks here.

My Win 8.1 rig is running great for DCSW, thanks to their input and guidance.

I was first worried about using Win 8.1, but not any more. It's actually been quite solid for all my DCS modules, and BMS. :thumbup:

Yeah, I was really worried it'd be an incompatibility or even worse a hardware issue.

Now I've just got to try to get my HOTAS mapping sorted out and try to get the money up for a Track-IR!

Thanks again, Really appreciate all the help.

Brrrrt

Yeah, I was really worried it'd be an incompatibility or even worse a hardware issue.

Now I've just got to try to get my HOTAS mapping sorted out and try to get the money up for a Track-IR!

Thanks again, Really appreciate all the help.

TrackIR is practically a must! You'll love it. It took me a little bit of time to acquire the essentials as well. ;)