Website access and download speed

six.dof

I like DCS a lot, even I don’t have much time for it, I live in Shenzhen/ China and every time I update or download content from the English DCS page i suffer with my 100Mbit connection at 2-120kB/s, with constant interruption.

Updates takes sometimes 3 days+

I wish those updates and files could be as a separate torrent file , as the DCS own torrent is not working well here.

How other DCS player in China deal with it?

Anyone here have better experience, what internet provider is working better with DCS here in China.

Is there the same issue with the Chinese language version webpage ?

Thanks

There is separated torrent files, DCS updater is just an embedded interface to open and check them, then unzip it and apply patches.

You could totally run torrent files on your own, then open the updater when it's finished, it will check and patch.

If your provider uses a saturated optical cable, your bandwidth will suffer.

which version you want to update ? retail 2.5.5.41371 ?

you can keep torrents and previous downloads with this method

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205186&page=2

I usually download at 15-30MB/s on retail and open alpha. (and 115MB/s on other "secret" versions ;) ) without being in Russia.

I keep seeding torrent when i can but no one individually takes more than 5MB/s and 20MB/s(out of 75MB/s of upload bandwidth) But I know for a fact than my ISP is lazy on intercontinental cable traffic.

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)