JSOW/JDAM attack 8 targets - update.

deathbysybian

Can you show on video this steps pls?

Thx

Default release sequence is STA 8 PP1; STA 2 PP2; STA 8 PP1; STA 2 PP2. What works to attack 4 targets is default release weapons 1 and 2, MC auto steps back to STA 8. Then manually select PP2, release weapon 3 (STA 8); manually select PP1, release weapon 4 (STA 2).

Now, is current behavior how actual jet functions or an artifact of F/A-18C EA? I guess this poor horse has now been beaten to death twice over.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

S.O: Win 64bit

MB: ASUSTek TUF GAMING X570P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8 Core

GPU: nVidia GTX1080Ti 8GB

HD: Sabrent SSD 1TB

RAM: DDR4 32 GB 1600Mhz

Accessories: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Alim: 850 watt Corsair 850TXEU

Sorry, I do not have recording program. Made a .trk, but due to faulty track feature, replay does not show my UFC inputs, stores page changes or weapon impacts. In fact track replay shows JSOWs flying all over the place, but that is a topic for another discussion.

I'm a stubborn and lazy old goat and will not use PP mode until mission card in ME is implemented :music_whistling: OK, I can muster enough patience to type in one set of coordinates in flight if I had to.

I am however pretty happy with TOO mode.

On a recent hop I loaded 8 JSOWs, set them all to TOO (just had to step 4 times), had 8 waypoints positioned over 8 targets. (could've done it with Tpod, one by one for each launch… too much work!) Well, you know the drill... designate each wpt as tgt and pickle. One by one x8.

The Tpod snapped to each designated tgt. Once I was done with launching I zoomed the Tpod out a little to cover the whole combat area (all targets were within 1/4 mile) all missiles hit dead on:D

I'm a stubborn and lazy old goat and will not use PP mode until mission card in ME is implemented :music_whistling: OK, I can muster enough patience to type in one set of coordinates in flight if I had to.

Assuming you can get precise coordinates for PP targets, the little aux program WP Editor allows pre-loading the coordinates into a GUI outside DCS, then loading them into the jet's MC with the press of a single key combo.

The last update was really a huge step back talking about usage of the Tpod

The slewing away from your search area when you hit "undesignate" makes it super complicated to do several Drops in one approach.

I really hope they will fix this soon, not very enjoyable at the moment!

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

The last update was really a huge step back talking about usage of the Tpod

The slewing away from your search area when you hit "undesignate" makes it super complicated to do several Drops in one approach.

I really hope they will fix this soon, not very enjoyable at the moment!

Well, I don't know what scenarios you're using but I would just re-designate instead of undesignating?

Well, I don't know what scenarios you're using but I would just re-designate instead of undesignating?

Viking 1-1 is using the scenario which is the subject of this thread. “Undesignate” is a required part of the procedure, although there are significantly fewer times you need to do it now.

Edited by Rockrend
Clarity

Assuming you can get precise coordinates for PP targets, the little aux program WP Editor allows pre-loading the coordinates into a GUI outside DCS, then loading them into the jet's MC with the press of a single key combo.

I broke my own rule and I did use PP with 4 JSOWs just as a test. Somehow I managed to bork it up. Started the mission with all systems running and ready for T/O. Since I already had 4 waypoints in this mission that were placed on top of these targets (used in previous hop for TOO test which worked perfectly) I copied the coordinates from these waypoints into 4 PP's, one per station. "Precise":smilewink: option was boxed. Verified pos. and altitudes (in feet), everything looked good. Once I launched the missiles I was able to designate one of these 4 wpts as tgt and the FLIR snapped to it. I zoomed out and could see all targets. Only the first one was a direct hit. The other 3 missiles hit "in the vicinity" and failed to destroy the remaining targets. Can't see what I did wrong... will have to repeat the steps and tinker with it some more. Anyone here having any precision issues with GPS weapons in PP mode?

Is dropping multiple JDAM's by designating through the targeting pod even possible now...without hitting the same target of course. I am at a loss now.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Absolutely yes.

Track, video, step?? Please just don't just say yes!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

First post in this thread.

Doesn't seem to apply anymore since the update to 2.5.6.

The OP was updated before the first update to 2.5.6

attachment.php?attachmentid=230961&stc=1&d=1585439640

OB_updates.jpg.1fc3a3c6bb8cd3d6e20e7cb1debe2339.jpg

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Don't overthink it. It does work. Try and you'll see :)

To some degree you were right sir. I finally got it to work with 4 bombs instead of 8. My main issue was stepping to each station and undesignating and resetting the WPDSG. :doh: My method below...

Set a waypoint for the area to attack and designate it (WPDSG)

Leave QTY unspecified/none.

Set each station to TOO mode by stepping through them.

NOTE: If you have the waypoint designated, when you set each station to TOO it will snap to the designated waypoint.

Enter jdam config screen, mission screen.

Designate targets:

TDC Depress

DO NOT Undesignate/NoseWheelSteering

Step

Find next target

TDC Depress

Step

Find next target

TDC Depress

Step

Find next target

TDC Depress

Undesignate/NoseWheelSteering for last station.

For my 4 bomb delivery I could then step through each station to verify the different coordinates set for each station.

I provided a track below for anyone interested. It's a bit clumsy because I had to go back and designate the 3rd tank. I think it still think it may be worth while to use though.

CAUCASUS_FA-18_GBU38_practice.trk

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

To some degree you were right sir. I finally got it to work with 4 bombs instead of 8. My main issue was stepping to each station and undesignating and resetting the WPDSG. :doh: My method below...

Set a waypoint for the area to attack and designate it (WPDSG)

Leave QTY unspecified/none.

Set each station to TOO mode by stepping through them.

NOTE: If you have the waypoint designated, when you set each station to TOO it will snap to the designated waypoint.

Enter jdam config screen, mission screen.

Designate targets:

TDC Depress

DO NOT Undesignate/NoseWheelSteering

Step

Find next target

TDC Depress

Step

Find next target

TDC Depress

Step

Find next target

TDC Depress

Undesignate/NoseWheelSteering for last station.

For my 4 bomb delivery I could then step through each station to verify the different coordinates set for each station.

I provided a track below for anyone interested. It's a bit clumsy because I had to go back and designate the 3rd tank. I think it still think it may be worth while to use though.

Hi Raven, try not undesignating any and just keep changing station/TOO1/2 and designating each time new target. Make sure when you designate last point dont step back to first station. Let us know.

Stay safe

Hi Raven, try not undesignating any and just keep changing station/TOO1/2 and designating each time new target. Make sure when you designate last point dont step back to first station. Let us know.

So you don't have to undesignate after the very last designation? I still have stable so I have to ask. With stable all JDAMs would go to last designated target that way.

So you don't have to undesignate after the very last designation? I still have stable so I have to ask. With stable all JDAMs would go to last designated target that way.

I am so sorry, yes you do have to undesignate after last designation. Then drop all bombs and just then WPDSG (if you want/have) to do damage control.

Stay safe

So I've been testing a new way to do this because it is extremely inconvenient to undesignate between targets now, and I think I found a good way to do it. The key is to remember that if a target is designated it will always overwrite the currently open TOO data (including if you switch pages after designating). It will not overwrite any other TOO stations as long as you don't open them. So the trick is to switch to the next TOO before designating the next target.

The procedure is as follows:

1. Set all stations to TOO mode and pull up MSN page TOO1 as before

2. Designate first target with TDC depress

3. Select TOO2

4. Designate second target

5. Press STEP, station will change and the new station should have TOO1 selected

6. Repeat 2-5 for all stations but DO NOT press STEP after the last target is designated

7. Undesignate target and begin bombing pass

8. Drop all stations once on TOO2

9. Switch all stations to TOO1

10. Drop remaining bombs on TOO1

For non-dual pylons disregard steps 3-4 and 8-9. Unfortunately after step 7 you will lose the targets in the targeting pod so you'll need to reacquire them if you want to watch the JDAMs or JSOWs impacting. Do not use the slew to waypoint mode or you'll overwrite the TOO data for the last station (this might work if you back out of the MSN page before doing it, I haven't tried that yet).

I think this is what hein22 is describing.

Edited by TelluriumCrystal

So I've been testing a new way to do this because it is extremely inconvenient to undesignate between targets now, and I think I found a good way to do it. The key is to remember that if a target is designated it will always overwrite the currently open TOO data (including if you switch pages after designating). It will not overwrite any other TOO stations as long as you don't open them. So the trick is to switch to the next TOO before designating the next target.

3. Select TOO2

5. Press STEP, station will change and the new station should have TOO1 selected

6. Repeat 2-5 for all stations but DO NOT press STEP after the last target is designated

For non-dual pylons disregard steps 3-4 and 8-9. Unfortunately after step 7 you will lose the targets in the targeting pod so you'll need to reacquire them if you want to watch the JDAMs or JSOWs impacting. Do not use the slew to waypoint mode or you'll overwrite the TOO data for the last station (this might work if you back out of the MSN page before doing it, I haven't tried that yet).

Nice post! :thumbup: This is the type of post that comes in handy when trying to break it all down. I guess the main take away is to not undesignate as you step through each rack.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lots of forum posts, lots of youtube videos, and things break and change. Is this the correct procedure and working in OB?

3. Select TOO2

***HEY LOOK HERE***