Changes in laser-guided rockets?

Gaspy

The rockets were definitely BRMs. The target was locked with point tracking, showing the rectangle over it. And the rockets still missed by A LOT. They were not even close.

I'll do some more tests.

Did you by any chance loaded the unguided BRM1 version? I was learning the JF-17 this week and the BRM1 worked fine for me.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

The rockets were definitely BRMs. The target was locked with point tracking, showing the rectangle over it. And the rockets still missed by A LOT. They were not even close.

I'll do some more tests.

Gaspy, you need to arm de fuze to EFUZE, if not, the rocket Will go straight without tracking the laser

Fuse was set to EFUZE. I've done this before and it was working.

I'm not 100% yet, but I think it only happens in multiplayer, if that makes any sense.

I'll play the mission again in single-player and multiplayer to confirm.

They are not suppose to be perfect, but if you try to hit a moving Target you can miss them.

I tested them few days ago and worked fine as long parameters were optimal.

I don't know how the BRM actually works, but the Russian model use mini boosters that is the rocket own motor inlet directed to six different directions, while BAE made APKWS system is movable wings at front operated by battery.

The Russian requires 3 second designation time as then booster fuel is consumed and it can't be guided anymore. While BAE system likely is guidable through whole flight and required so as well.

So the BRM clearly looks that rocket goes crazy after launch and then it stabilize itself in flight after few seconds.

There is big difference between those two Russian and BAE designs. Russian is clearly to be used like normal rockets, cheap and quickly on target with normal launch parameters. You can hit moving target if it keeps moving and doesn't change direction or speed after booster is empty.

BAE has seeker range about 40 kilometers, so you can even toss launch them at target area and get them to fall on designated target, as seeker would search laser spot as long they have battery to operate and move wings.

And BAE allows guidance through whole flight to target, change it if required.

So how the BRM guidance works can affect results.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Fuse was set to EFUZE. I've done this before and it was working.

I'm not 100% yet, but I think it only happens in multiplayer, if that makes any sense.

I'll play the mission again in single-player and multiplayer to confirm.

Maybe you switched AG programs and it set fuse back SAFE, that can happen if you switch programs, or atleast it used to

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

OK, I found the issue!

An earlier iteration of JF-17 allowed me to place the BRM laser-guided rockets on stations 3 and 5. I saved the mission and I'be been playing it since.

It looks like now JF-17 only allows stations 2 and 6 for these rockets.

Because the rockets were already there, it probably confused the internal logic...