My new rig and questions

Hi all,

Well I got my tax return today so I decided to upgrade my pc. My current rig is an AMD ryzen 5 2600 stock with no overclock, MSI Radeon RX580 8GB GPU and G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 on a Gigabyte Aorus Pro WiFi B450mobo with the cooler master A610 6 heat pipe tower cooler fed by a Thermaltake Tough RGB 750W 80+ Gold PSU.

I decided that it was time for an upgrade of some components. I’m going to be re-using the PSU and the tower cooler along with my case and the fans associated with that. I found a good deal on Newegg with the Ryzen 7 3700X, ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Mobo, and 32GB OLOy DDR4 3200 RAM. I’m also upgrading the video card to an 8GB Radeon Vega 56. I know that there are issues with these cards but I was trying to find cards with more than 1 HDMI ports as my 2 monitors support HDMI but not DisplayPort. I’m planning on this GPU only being a placeholder anyways for when the RTX 30 series comes out and prices drop on the RTX 20 series of cards some. I also took and ordered a Track IR kit from delan clip

My questions are:

1. Should I over clock the CPU any?

If so what should I expect to see performance wise from this CPU

2. Do you think that this hardware will handle the Track IR when it comes?

3. Are there any issues that you could foresee me using this rig with DCS? All I am looking to do is run it with very little stability issues at 1080p on high to ultra settings while also running Discord and SRS in the background and when the trackIR comes the software for that as well. Nothing fancy no streaming or recording of any kind. Just simple fun.

DevPreach

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X OC'd to 4.4 GHz on all 8 Cores, Asus ROG STRIX GAMING-E MOBO, 3XWD Blue 500GB SSD, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB PCIE SSD, Seagate 4TB 7200RPM HDD, GIGABYTE AORUS AMD RADEON RX VEGA 56 Graphics Card, EVGA G2 SUPERNOVA 1000W PSU, THERMALTAKE VIEW 71 TG CASE, Saitek X56 Rhino HOTAS

AMD GPU runs worse than Nvidia in DCS. You just need a RTX2060 or RTX2060S.

It is not meaningful for you to get a X570, your present B450 is enogh for Ryzen7 3700X.

R7 3700X is more meaningful for productivity use. For DCS, the Ryzen5 3600 is enough. Both have the same single core capability. You should know, DCS now runs only a CPU core for sim.

So you just only need to change your CPU to R5 3600(DON'T FORGET TO UPDATE YOUR MOTHERBOAD BIOS) and change your GPU to RTX2060 or RTX2060S.

Overclock for Ryzen 3000 series is difficult, but I like to lock their all core frequency at 4.2Ghz.

Edited by Cy-27