[Collections] What you want to be able to bind in keyboard/device

uboats

UBoats, great job on getting all those bindings in game. I've spent the morning mapping AAP and UFC buttons!

Next binding update will focus on 3-pos switches, multipos selectors etc

Seconding Floydii's comments — this was a huge boost to the usability, and the next batch of additions sound like it'll be just as great.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you (Deka) add default keybinds to the things you are adding? An advantage would be if someone makes a device profile, the user won’t have to change their keybinds for whatever the maker of the profile decided would be good for keys. It would be uniform across all owners of the Jf17.

~Bailey

Yes. I can use only one of the bindings, because on the Warthog, its a button to release, rather than a button to press. So I bound one and shuffle it in and out of idle cuttoff to get the sim to register taking it out of idle cutoff

Throttle stop to idle and idle to stop needs to be a 2 way switch, otherwise, it is not possible to be used with throttles like the warthog. It should be something like: throttle stop/else idle. Hope you can add this asap. Thanks!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

There's no binding for the Lights apart from taxi/landing. I'd need at least the master light on/off able to be binded to get parity with other planes. If possible, please :)

Some of the new buttons are a great effort but need the special 3 way treatment - "ON - ELSE OFF". This allows a proper 3 way switch to work like the flaps on the WH. Down would be down else stop, so that when the switch is in the centre, the action stops. There are quite a few 3 way switches and even some two way switches that can benefit from this treatment, that essentially give two results for a single press. The alternative is that you have to cycle the two way switch twice to get it from on to off.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Hello. Here is my list. I suggest just over 500 new binds...

My personal preference if I had to chose a handful would be the UFCP, Radio Control Panel, and the Weapon Master Arm Switch.

It would be a huge help if you were able to include Default keyboard keybinds with the new binds so that everyone flying the JF-17 will be on the same page when helping eachother out and making device profiles.

Made with the help of Voice Attack ;)

~Bailey

will keep on adding more bindings

Thank you so much!

Already tons more utility than before:

I have bound all the UFCP, MFCD, and radio control panel keyboard binds (and a few more little things). If you, uboats, would like to use them as an example for official keybinds, please feel free to do so.

~Bailey

JF-17 UFCP and MFCD keybinds.zip

Let’s improve it gradually.

Just added 3-pos switch binding internally

Will commit tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 2 months later...
Hello. Here is my list. I suggest just over 500 new binds.

[keyboard]:

1. Laser Designator On

2. Laser Designator Off

3. Throttle Slight Increase

~Bailey

vote for it.

I create the right panel at the moment for the HUD (next to the aap) . As next step i start the instruments and exterior lights :)

My first project with mmjoy for the many many buttons and BU0836X 12-Bit Joystick Board.

my tutorial for dcs-bios, multimonitorsetup with a JF-17

https://github.com/shadowframe/jf17_multimonitor

discord shadowframe#7916

Can we have more axis for light knobs

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

3 way Master mode selection on Thrustmaster throttle 3 way boat-switch.

That's intercept/ground/nav on boat switch.

1 NAV center position (neutral off)

2 AG forward (or back) position

3 INTERCEPT forward (or back) position

Edited by RichardG

• 2 weeks later...
there will be new bindings in next update

will keep adding more

Hello,

One binding that I'd like to have, is one for hiding/showing the Flight Stick ... currently the only way to do this is by clicking on the stick base, but I'd like to be able to do it from within a trigger and for that I need a binding.

Thanks a lot :thumbup:

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Next on my list (in addition to Master Caution mentioned above) are the HUD display switches on the forward right horizontal panel and the "Trainning" and "Combat" master buttons that automatically switch on the appropriate systems. (also on the forward right horizontal panel). I'm looking to map those to the RMFD on my TARGET profile.

Not sure if these have been mentioned before but toggle buttons for Master Arm and Afterburner. currently the ON/OFF binding keeps it in ON position only as long as I hold down the button. As soon as I release, the switch goes to OFF. as you may see, rather useless to me since I don't have any switches on my hotas. just buttons.

I believe all should be for device as well for keyboard, and if it is more modes than button, then all have On/Off and On-Off-On as well individual modes. So no matter what is the device, what is the combination with the modifiers, all modes can be put on anything.

For normal buttons "Cycle" is good as well.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Some much needed device bindings

Deka,

I beg you, pretty please, with sugar on top. Please give us 3 position switch bindings for the FCS mode switches. It drives me nuts that I have these 2 perfect switches on my WH throttle, that I would be able to use to bind the A/A-A/G and A/G1-A/G2 switches.

In fact, make all the 3 position switches in cockpit bindable. As we have it in other modules.

Deka,

I beg you, pretty please, with sugar on top. Please give us 3 position switch bindings for the FCS mode switches. It drives me nuts that I have these 2 perfect switches on my WH throttle, that I would be able to use to bind the A/A-A/G and A/G1-A/G2 switches.

In fact, make all the 3 position switches in cockpit bindable. As we have it in other modules.

copy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Hey.... What about my request? I came first!

Probably the "please" went a long way, instead of just asking for :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB